|10-11-2012 03:29 PM|
Also depends on the device since iPhones are notoriously bad with MFT to begin with.
My Hyundai wont even accept Bluetooth song information. It also re-scans every single time I plug into my phone using a wire. That is beyond annoying.
At least MFT had the common sense to scan once and never again unless you chose to force it.
|10-11-2012 03:25 PM|
|10-11-2012 02:56 PM|
I have the Hyundai system, it pales to what MFT can do.
If you want a advanced system go to the iDrive or MMI systems.
|10-11-2012 02:43 PM|
I would not purchase a focus again. MFT was the reason I got this car over an Elantra and it has been a complete disappointment.
1. My phone doesn't connect to bluetooth ~20% of the time
2. Bluetooth audio metadata is a jumble of symbols 99% of the time. (should be track info)
3. Browsing music via voice commands is rarely possible because the system indexes stupidly
My headliner is falling off too so that rocks but that is unrelated to MFT. I absolutely hate MyFord Touch. Huge ripoff.
I suggest you buy a Jetta, or Mazda 3, or an Elantra. You won't have issues with their infotainment systems
|10-11-2012 01:47 PM|
Just make sure it has a warranty and as said above, you avoid all the gizmos and tech gadgets as those seem to have the majority of issues. My Sync works great 99% of the time, my manual trans is issue free, and it rides and drives incredibly well. My major concerns are body issues like plastics rubbing paint (tail lamps, trim pieces) from thermal expansion/cooling and other teething pains from a first-year car built at the very beginning or the run (Feb 2011).
|10-11-2012 11:39 AM|
I had a 2012 Focus DCT with the Sports package for about a year. I've had no issues with the car regarding the DCT. Sync is pretty stable except when the memory buffer becomes full. Other than that the ride quality of the car is excellent.
Recently, my family was in need of a second car so we decided to get a second Focus, this time Titanium. So far, we have had no issues whatsoever with the second car. MyFord Touch works for me although I do think its a bit overkill to be able to control the AC by voice, touch screen or by dedicated buttons!
In all, I have no regrets on the car and would purchase one again if I had to.
|10-11-2012 09:26 AM|
I'd also like to add, don't let all the issues here scare you.
People here make the mistake of thinking they represent the majority of owners in amount of problems. We don't.
We are basically the 1%.
If these issues on the Internet were actually indicative of real problems, Volkswagen certainly wouldn't still be in business cause the Internet would have you believe that VW only makes crappy cars that have electrical issues and break every 200 miles.
Same with this Focus. Yes there will be problems, no it's really not that wide spread. People who have issues just need to feel special and talk the loudest whereas those like me who didn't have issues are happily staying quiet cause we have nothing to complain about.
|10-11-2012 08:27 AM|
I too wanted a car with all the options. Having not had one in the past, and seeing the new focus I got sucked in. Mistake number 1.
Looking at your list, I have had issues with every point you make. So have many other owners.
1. DCT slipped into neutral for no reason while driving at 40mph. That is simply dangerous. Ford has no explanation or resolution for any of the DCT issues people are facing.
2. MFT It looks cool, but that's where it ends. Sometimes mine will connect to bluetooth, other times not. Sometimes it will stream music from the bluetooth but I cannot make a phone call. It will randomly reboot itself. It will lock up. Metadata does not always display for song info. It returns to radio even if you previously had another input selected, for no reason. GPS is slow when trying to enter addresses. Basically this thing has a mind of its own and is useless.
3. Sync system..works, if you can get it to recognize your voice.
As for for support...good luck. Many of us here have waited patiently for fixes updates, TSB's etc....and we are still waiting.
I have a Titanium too. Other issues I have had are:
1. Silver trim moulding on rear door came off. They replaced it but it does not line up with the rest of the trim.
2. Hood touches front light on passenger side.
3. Rear taillight was scraping on paint--fixed this myself.
4. Grinding "egg beater noise" when car changes from 1-2. No fix
5. Headliner glue--still not fixed.
6. Keyless touch entry--does not work. I can stand at my door trying to open it with the key right next to it and it will not open. Other times it works fine.
So what seemed like a great car in the beginning is now nothing more than heap of junk.
About 3 months back we needed a second car. We purchased a Mazda 3 i Touring skyactiv. It is a base model and only has bluetooth.
If I had it to do again, I would without doubt by another Mazda. Not one rattle or creek. No gadgetry issues. No Tranny issues and the car rides like it is on rails.
As for the MFT, in my Mazda, I dock my phone, which has, GPS, Music, Phone, Voice Commands....basically an MFT...go figure.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...DO NOT GET SUCKED IN BY ALL THE COOL GADGETS. It would be different if they all worked, but they don't, and sooner or later you will have issues....with no resolution in sight.
PS...these are just my opinions and what I have experienced with this car, but I also know I am not alone.
|10-11-2012 12:14 AM|
|10-10-2012 10:32 PM|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|