|04-24-2013 11:24 AM|
|narkotskyb||I think it's a case of "very smart engineers obviously KNOWING what customers want" so no there were not communications or response from Ford on this topic. Or it's a case of Ford management not giving a f#$# about it. Just ventin'...|
|04-24-2013 11:20 AM|
|_OTZ_||Any updates on this issue from Ford? I found this thread on Monday, and have had 100% success with it. Without TC my car (now @ 33K Km) drives like it's brand new. No more suttering at low speeds - just the regular feeling you get when shifting. I'm not very happy with the solution, and I'll express my feelings with my dealer, but it works.|
|02-25-2013 11:18 PM|
In any case, i looked up my old email to the service dept and yup, i got the reprogramming done:
Perform Safety Recall orders (Program Number 12B37 and 12S29)
I got the same letter as this dude in the mail and got it done.
What's funny tho is that even tho the thing did it's job on the hurky jerky, it didn't do a damn thing for the roll back because it was only a few weeks ago i noticed, since my new place of employment regularly makes me traverse a steep incline underneath a freeway overpass that gets bogged down when the Go Train comes through, forcing everyone to wait on the hill. I've rolled back often while being half groggy from morning lack of coffee and the only thing that saves me is that 'kick' sensation one might get from Inception, the feeling of falling or in my case, rolling back.
|02-25-2013 10:50 PM|
|02-25-2013 10:49 PM|
4-your "friend" at the dealer is an idiot. I dont ever hear about any issues with fuel innectors on these cars.
5-mft has nothing to do with the transmission. They are two seperate systems so the usb update you recieved in the mail could not have had any affect on the stutterring. If you had your car in for service they may have done a transmission software update.
|02-25-2013 10:03 PM|
New guy here. Ton of comments I've read but stopped at 22 and jumped to last page. Just a few comments of my own. Maybe already addressed?
1. Could tire size affect the TCS / shudder? I have had minor shudder in the past during Summer in my 18's but smooth in winter riding on my Winters on 15" steel rims. This may be the weather thing too but last year winter decided to do a no show, yet I had my Winters on.
2. Someone complained about upshifts doing 90 degree turns. Isn't that just the torque vectoring doing its job?
3. I drive my car a touch more aggressive than most, and I've mastered the weight of the gas peddle to give just the right amount of gas going into corners etc to make it accelerate out from the apex perfectly. I get no stutter or lag. Perhaps people are either to gentle or to aggressive with the gas peddle?
4. When I bought the car, my Friend at the dealer ship told me to avoid flooring it and instead go 10/90 where I ease the gas down just to make the car start moving, then punch it. He told me lots of focus's were coming in with blown fuel injectors. Not sure what to make of this claim.
5. Before I got the USB drive in the mail with the new MFT I had occasional shudder (summer as well) and on 1 occasion and only occasion I had begin accelerating and then it completely stopped accelerating, even tho the engine was revving. I dropped to S mode and manually selected a gear with the shifter buttons and it stated going again. After the update, I've been pretty smooth sailing with little to no shudder, no lag, no power loss and driving like a bat out of hell.
This car is super fun. New MFT fixed all the screen lockups (might have been Sirius causing it). She handles and hugs corners like an imprezza and overtakes like a dream. Feels like more than 160hp.
Feel bad for you guys/gals with bad ones. I BELIEVE each and every one of you because I have experienced them at one point or another. Just my driving style was easier for the car to adapt? Maybe I got a good car? It was off the lot, and probably driven hard as a test drive vehicle(I test drove it myself and opened it up on the highway), but only had 32 km on it at pickup. I do still get roll back when I zone out and let up off the brake, but I rarely let go of the brake, or double tap it, full stop, release, minor roll, brake again, release, no roll.
I never" creep" uphill, I always use enough throttle. Always use a touch of gas in stop and go traffic. I drive it like I would a 5 speed manual.
I nearly got stuck in snow this year. Stupid traction control. Couldn't make it up an icy hill either. Turning wheel left/right didn't help because the dumb little orange light kept flashing and wheels would lose all power and stop spinning. Makes the left/right trick not work. Had to go back down the hill and drive fast to have momentum carry me over the hill.
Other than that.. I love it!
I DID get the full extended warranty maxed out on this car. I'm registered on sync my ride so I'll check later to see all updates applied to my car. I was only issues 2 recall notices, one for wipers, and one for reprogramming something, probably the tranny. I'll have to recheck the invoice description of work performed.
Over all I love my car. Sticky door handles aside.
Got mine from Dixie FORD at Dixie/401 in Mississauga. 100% awesome dealership and I would recommend them anytime. 5 star service. Could improve their wait times but I'm not complaining.
|02-25-2013 05:21 PM|
|02-25-2013 04:55 PM|
|fordnut02||I tried this today, and with the Trac off it did have better up shifting and down shifting , was alot smoother|
|02-22-2013 12:33 PM|
|02-22-2013 11:05 AM|
100% interchangeable. There have been isolated complaints of suspension clunk with some ST models.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|