|Yesterday 07:08 PM|
Thanks a lot for your detailed info!.
I assume that if you use Fuse 85 the footwell lights will be always light when you put the key on. I'm looking to connect it with the interior lights circuit then the footwell will be light when you open the doors. I choose this option in my previous Mk.2 but I took power from the light switch. In the Mk.3.5 is a little bit different...
|08-29-2016 11:22 PM|
what u need- LED foot well lights, any kind any color, and some wire ill link both i bought 4 led strips because they do burn out over time, heres the link to my blue led strips and the wire, the wires good and cheap so if uw ant another color still go with the wire, so far i didnt have to use the other 2,
Now the how-
1. unravel your wire, unravel your led strips, i used 2 only
2. Strip the end of the unraveled wire about an inch to an inch an 1 quarter
3. wrap the wire around the fuse of your choice, for me i picked fuse number 85 which works the radio---- Attachment 189281, when the keys out they dont turn on when the keys in it does, dont hook it up to something that always will have them on, you will kill your battery and that sucks lol ill show u in the pic how i did it, only around 1 tooth, the reason why u strip it an inch an a quarter is so the rubber doesn't get in the way of the fuse fitting, Attachment 189129 attach it to 1 tooth only.
4. black wire, ground, attach it to a bolt, something metal ill show you were i put mine Attachment 189249
5- it gets tricky, feed the wire all the way to the driver side, dont worry about passenger side yet, give it some slack DONT CUT YET WAIT TILL END.Attachment 189257
6, cut the red and black , strip an inch off of each side of the red and black so 2 inches in total
7. take the leds, strip about half an inch off the red and black wires, twist them with the 2 sets of red and blacks, *****RED WITH REDS BLACK WITH BLACKS!!!***
8. you should basically have, a stripped wire, with the led tapping into the power source and ground, and then tape the reds and tape the blacks, 3 reds together and 3 black wires together
9. then stick the led wherever u want, now u still have wire leading to your driver side, so
10. if you red step 5 then you shouldn't have cut this end yet and u have a lot of wire randomly hanging, now u cut the wire were you want the desired length for the led to be, and you simply strip half an inch from the led on both wires and half an inch from both of the red and black wires, twist them together and then tape it, Attachment 189265
11. hide everything, your good, its a little hard to take off the side panel things theirs a weird type of plastic clamp, i literally broke mine off i didn't care it was a pain in the *** so you pick what u wana do, you can probably take it off with some careful planning but im not patient
12. boom goes the dynomite your golden pony boy have fun guys ill also post the fuse box location, ------ witch is right under the passenger glove compartment Attachment 189289 and heres a list of the fuses with and what they do here ----- Attachment 189297 ask me any ?'s ill help as much as i can :) make sure your wiring is hidden well on the drivers side u dont want to hit the gas and rip your led down***
|08-24-2016 09:17 PM|
|02-12-2016 12:50 AM|
|12-17-2015 01:13 PM|
|andrewseanz||Where are all of the photos?|
|04-16-2014 06:20 AM|
Hey dudes, how is the name of the fuse adapter used in this tutorial?
I never see this before here in Brazil, and i love it!
|04-15-2014 08:25 PM|
|04-07-2014 04:47 PM|
TY 4 da link
|04-07-2014 04:38 PM|
|04-07-2014 04:25 PM|
|CunFFS13||Do you had a chance, to take a look while you were there, I mean hahaha how can I pass a wire from the engine bay into the cabin!? I need this to plug my foglights|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|