|12-10-2014 12:20 PM|
|12-09-2014 08:31 PM|
I test drove a 2013 hatch and was intending to get a Mazda 3
Then had trouble with salesman messing around.
Saw this black SE hatch for a great price and test drove it again,
So I bought it and I love it. THE Focus has always been a drivers car
And the new one is fantastic. It's Black
|12-03-2014 09:16 AM|
I have a 2014 Sport model DCT built October in Thailand.
The Sport model is only available as a hatch with the 2 litre motor in Australia.
Things that are really great about the car are:
* The larger 2 litre motor, sports suspension with 17 inch wheels and Michelin Primacy LC rubber so it really handles well and loves to be thrown round tight bendy roads.
* Side mirrors that automatically retract when you lock the car which is great for parking in tight spaces and on the side magnify a wide view so you can easily see if a car or motor bike is next to you.
* Press and hold the remote unlock button and all the windows go down to let out the heat. Press and hold the lock button and all the windows close. Great in the Aussie summer where the interior temp can easily top 120 F degrees in the sun.
* Sport seats which aren't leather so you don't burn your behind off when you sit down when the car has been in the hot sun.
* Great 9 speaker Sony sound system with no MFT with a great 80s boombox button layout so you can just press a button to select what you want instead of navigating through lots of touchscreen menus to listen to the radio station you want.
* Not having a 8 inch touch screen. In my last car which had a large touch screen, at night you could turn it off so it would not blind you when you are driving on dark roads, but then you could not see what to do in the dark. The smaller screen is heaps better for night driving on dark roads.
* Ambient and exit lighting. Ambient lighting is only available in red. I would have liked the disco colour light options like the US model.
* Keyless entry, start etc.
* Larger rear spoiler only available on the Sport model. Doesn't block the rear view and looks good.
* DCT - a bit quirky, but heaps of fun to punch manually through the gears in sports mode.
* Looks good, way better than the popular Japanese and Korean small cars
|11-30-2014 06:59 PM|
|11-30-2014 06:45 PM|
|Old Farfegnugen||My only complaint with the Ford Focus is I can't afford to own 2 of them! I would love a ST, but my wife can't drive a straight. If the ST was available as an automatic, I would have bought one today. Best car in its class and beyond.|
|11-14-2014 06:07 PM|
I was at the dealer today and saw my old car.. 2012 SE.. over on the lot.
I should have gone over to say hello...
I didn't. But maybe i feel guilty enough to go back next week and do it.
(I think it was in the employee area. So maybe an employee already scooped it up?)
Nope. Another week later I got my snow tires put on the ST. My SE was in the used lineup, covered in snow and ice. (I could see her from the waiting room area) So when I left I went past her, stopped and touched her. I felt bad she was out in the cold open air, covered in snow and ice. All her life with me was in a nice warm heated garage space.
I feel somewhat sad i let her go. I liked my happy yellow car a lot.
I enjoy the ST, and it is way more fun, but I will remember the SE. Thanks you my bundle of sunshine.
I hope someone nice buys her and likes her as much as I did.
|11-14-2014 03:26 PM|
|Slicknick||Got mine last week. Great car! Can't complain about a smooth 32mpg average.|
|11-13-2014 11:52 PM|
|element4all||Toms tune is amazing. Helped my focus so much|
|11-13-2014 09:00 PM|
|frizz||Got my 14 SE MT in June. I have about 14000 miles on it now. I have done the snorkel delete with K&N filter, K&N air box lid, ST intake stack, FRPP axle back, FSWorks RMM insert, and feed it nothing but 91 octane. I think I'm done for now. The car drives great and no longer displays any of the Focus low end oddities. I may go for a 180 stat and a "Tom" tune in the future but I'm happy for now.|
|10-30-2014 08:52 AM|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|