Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) > 2012 with 175whp

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Thread: 2012 with 175whp Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Yesterday 09:17 PM
felixthecat
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
For me, exhaust without a header is worthless....i would.just.leave it stock, i never noticed adding a header making exhaust much louder.
On my foci it had a louder tone= hence the stealth muffler. Now it sounds similar to stock w/ a touch of header ting. On my v/8 cars not so much.
Yesterday 08:30 PM
FFhb13 Not worthless, bad word choice but incomplete.
Yesterday 07:36 PM
Truth in Ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
For me, exhaust without a header is worthless....i would.just.leave it stock, i never noticed adding a header making exhaust much louder.
Worthless? I can tell that it pulls harder; it sounds mean, and it'll probably give me better gas mileage... I wouldn't call that "worthless." But each to their own.

That's good to know about the header! I don't think I want it much louder than it is now.
Yesterday 04:52 PM
FFhb13 For me, exhaust without a header is worthless....i would.just.leave it stock, i never noticed adding a header making exhaust much louder.
Yesterday 03:18 PM
Truth in Ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
true but I am also considering noise. this is my daily, not a track car. I want it to be comfortable for everyday driving. I'm aware I could gain more horsepower by adding a header but is the few extra hp worth the extra noise? I don't know. there are not very many mk3's on this forum with a header so it's hard to tell. The whole point in me modifying my focus was to make it a better daily driver. for me that meant adding a few more whp and improving the suspension so doing a intake, tune and eventually a catback might be all I need to meet those goals.
After hearing my exhaust for the first time today- I second that. I may change my mind about getting a header all together now. I'm going to wait until the burn-in stage is over to make up my mind. My exhaust is louder than I thought it would be. Still not over bearing, but after then burn-in, and header, it might be.

Still getting a tune no matter what!
Yesterday 12:35 PM
FFhb13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Unfortunately though, we usually have more armchair quarterbacks that usually don't follow through with testing despite their firm opinions/beliefs than we have of people that actually do legitimate testing.
Amen to that, i've never been afraid to do things that people said couldn't be done, or shouldn't be done due to this theory or that one..and sometimes I've had big wins, and other times, the experiment failed miserably...but I've said it before, the community needs to take risks and try some new things, not just
mass produced parts, of which there are suprisingly few for the MK3. Or perhaps not suprising given the huge gap in performance between the MK3 and ST.
Yesterday 08:32 AM
tower2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburks View Post
is it a DCT or 5spd? any thoughts on putting it on a dyno? especially after a tune. you'd be the only one with a 3in exhaust and header.
It's a dct, I may dyno it after the tune. My butt dyno likes it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
I was never implying you dont know a lot about this platform of cars.

However you were quoting theory and saying there was no way there could be losses on a na engine....you've done a lot of work on forced induction.cars and i agree...bigger exhaust is better.... i still have lots to learn always.and dont pretend i know everything, in fact i forget lots and remember things i forgot i knew...even having been modding and messing with cars since around 1996, theres so much changing and evolving.

If i find that that large of an exhaust does in fact not result in a large low end loss (despite what ive encountered in my own experiences) then ill be the first to say im wrong..but i guess im old.school and i need proof and/or experience it myself rather then taking someones comments as gospel.
Yesterday 08:10 AM
dyn085
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
I was never implying you dont know a lot about this platform of cars.

However you were quoting theory and saying there was no way there could be losses on a na engine....you've done a lot of work on forced induction.cars and i agree...bigger exhaust is better.... i still have lots to learn always.and dont pretend i know everything, in fact i forget lots and remember things i forgot i knew...even having been modding and messing with cars since around 1996, theres so much changing and evolving.

If i find that that large of an exhaust does in fact not result in a large low end loss (despite what ive encountered in my own experiences) then ill be the first to say im wrong..but i guess im old.school and i need proof and/or experience it myself rather then taking someones comments as gospel.
I don't expect my words to be taken as gospel; I'm simply relaying what was learned years ago. Even Tom has told you the same thing I have, and anyone that has been on this forum for almost any length of time knows that Tom and I disagree more often than not. But either way, this was not a forced-induction car-


I'm all about testing and would enjoy seeing more done on this platform, even if it's the same stuff that was done years ago. Not all of that data still remains, and a community can never have 'too much' to analyze. Unfortunately though, we usually have more armchair quarterbacks that usually don't follow through with testing despite their firm opinions/beliefs than we have of people that actually do legitimate testing.
Yesterday 12:40 AM
FFhb13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
By all means, do all the testing you want. I was here when the platform was released and watched or participated in nearly all of the growth. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and don't even own a Mk3 anymore.

I can relay my experience and what I've seen, but if that somehow translates to me not modifying enough cars...Idk what to tell you. My Mk3 was one of the most modified and recognized in the community when I had it, and I've since bought and taken both of my ST's to stage 3 and then began doing my own tuning. And no offense, but that's just the last three years.

I'm not perfect, but I don't have a very strong record of being wrong.
I was never implying you dont know a lot about this platform of cars.

However you were quoting theory and saying there was no way there could be losses on a na engine....you've done a lot of work on forced induction.cars and i agree...bigger exhaust is better.... i still have lots to learn always.and dont pretend i know everything, in fact i forget lots and remember things i forgot i knew...even having been modding and messing with cars since around 1996, theres so much changing and evolving.

If i find that that large of an exhaust does in fact not result in a large low end loss (despite what ive encountered in my own experiences) then ill be the first to say im wrong..but i guess im old.school and i need proof and/or experience it myself rather then taking someones comments as gospel.
Yesterday 12:23 AM
FFhb13
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
I run a fwerks header w/ a 2.5 system & it sounds very similar to stock, yea it has a tad bit of header ting. I'm going to be at OSFW4 to see & hear my foci.
Ive had 4-1 and 4-2-1 headers on about 6 different cars and adding the header didnt make the exhaust appreciably louder, in fact it made the.exhaust note.deeper
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1