|Today 09:26 PM|
Wow, I haven't heard about "Ethyl" since back when unleaded was phased in and we got the small nozzles so only the unleaded ones would fit in the new capped filler tubes.
Assume the cavedog meant non-methyl as shorthand for methanol, referring to alcohol content.
|Today 09:12 PM|
But the debate is so entertaining.
Party pooper. ;)
I think there's still enough "YMMV" effect going on for the debate to continue for quite a while, justified or not.
|Today 04:17 AM|
|cavedog309||Probably Not, We get Non Ethyl here in the Farm Country. With a Solid 38 MPG constant. Smooth operation and 64000 miles. We Love our Focus SEFF|
|Yesterday 06:25 PM|
|Focus On Me||
Placebo effect. Butt dyno. Etc.
|Yesterday 05:04 PM|
Probably not, but I'll bet you'll notice better throttle response and off-the-line torque.
|Yesterday 04:52 PM|
Guys, I'll fill up with 91-93 "premium" gas today and report my findings within the next 7-12 days. 95% of all my gas has been pumped at Costco, with the other 5% at Chevron. I'll keep today's fill up at Costco. 100% of my previous fill ups have been at the 87 level.
This will settle the debate once and for all.
Day 1 (immediately post-fillup): no change in driving experience felt (ambient temperature 95 degrees)
Day 2: AM drive (appx 40 miles, ambient temp 68 degrees) car felt like there was more power going up 6-8% grades, less stuttering at low speeds, smoother ride.
|08-19-2015 09:06 PM|
|Truth in Ruin||
|08-19-2015 08:26 PM|
Maybe the reason you're selling crappy parts to members is to cover that $532 deficit? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/v...st-seller.html
|08-19-2015 07:15 PM|
|08-19-2015 07:12 PM|
Which goes right back to the continual 'test the fuels that are local/convenient to you' advice. Mountune constantly preaches Arco.
A lot of Costco's actually have really good fuel as well.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|