Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat > tuning?'s

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Thread: tuning?'s Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
05-24-2010 05:43 PM
littlefoci tom this is why i went with you i cant wait till it comes lol like waiting for xmass morning
05-24-2010 05:40 PM
1turbofocus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTm [:)
;3290498]and by pretty pictures of things, do you mean dyno graphs? yeah, i can see how those things can be for suckers. if that's the case, i think i'm going to go start selling exhaust kits made out of old pipes, and tell people that these exhaust systems make 20 whp. when they ask for a dyno, i'll go ahead and tell them that only suckers look at dyno graphs. if they ask me for a picture, i'll tell them that they are suckers as well and that the picture won't do it justice.

you're right about one thing though. an updated website won't make you a better tuner, but it will keep people at ease when they start shelling out $419 for your tune.
Are you really this lacking in knowledge , I can post dynos of hundreds of Foci with my tunes , Lets say I post the best dyno just so it brings in I want to say stupid people but I will again use lacking in knowledge much like your self , Say I post a dyno of a car that makes 13HP from my tune (yes have seen this much many times) and you buy a tune and it makes 5HP , you will be calling me asking why your tune didnt make the same thing and dont give me any BS about you wouldnt just look how much BS you have talked about needed an AF gauge

So now you would be pissed expecting to make the same amount with your tune so in my opinion posting dynos to catch the suckers much like your self isnt how I want to get customers , I want customers to come to me because they want the best for there car and thats the guys I can make happy , you chose second best live with it , you want the flash and glits and price is how you chose your tune be happy with it

How many logs have you sent to fs to check ?

Tom
05-24-2010 05:31 PM
Chas
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
-straps on bulletproof vest and helmet-

You guys are more than a little bit off-topic. Question was if it was necessary to have a wideband with a tune, nothing about who tunes better and blah blah blah blah.

Is it necessary to use a wideband when getting your tune with bolt-ons? Well, is it necessary to get new camber plates when you get a drop? Do you have to replace shocks and struts when you get new springs? Should you put white grease on factory bolts you have taken off to do suspension work or even replace them with new ones? All of these questions have similar answers. No, it is not necessary. Your car will still function. It will not, however, function at its highest potential with what you have just added. If you want to get the most, then spend the extra money, take the extra time, and do it all.

-runs back into fox hole-
x2.

why are the fs tuned guys so sensitive?
05-24-2010 05:29 PM
aTm Beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
-straps on bulletproof vest and helmet-

You guys are more than a little bit off-topic. Question was if it was necessary to have a wideband with a tune, nothing about who tunes better and blah blah blah blah.

Is it necessary to use a wideband when getting your tune with bolt-ons? Well, is it necessary to get new camber plates when you get a drop? Do you have to replace shocks and struts when you get new springs? Should you put white grease on factory bolts you have taken off to do suspension work or even replace them with new ones? All of these questions have similar answers. No, it is not necessary. Your car will still function. It will not, however, function at its highest potential with what you have just added. If you want to get the most, then spend the extra money, take the extra time, and do it all.

-runs back into fox hole-
i can see your point. to end this whole argument about how a tuner cannot tune your car right unless you have a wideband is to just do a dyno run. until then...
05-24-2010 05:19 PM
YellowJellyBean -straps on bulletproof vest and helmet-

You guys are more than a little bit off-topic. Question was if it was necessary to have a wideband with a tune, nothing about who tunes better and blah blah blah blah.

Is it necessary to use a wideband when getting your tune with bolt-ons? Well, is it necessary to get new camber plates when you get a drop? Do you have to replace shocks and struts when you get new springs? Should you put white grease on factory bolts you have taken off to do suspension work or even replace them with new ones? All of these questions have similar answers. No, it is not necessary. Your car will still function. It will not, however, function at its highest potential with what you have just added. If you want to get the most, then spend the extra money, take the extra time, and do it all.

-runs back into fox hole-
05-24-2010 04:43 PM
aTm Beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I feel fs is second best , funny how you have changes your tone about why you chose fs now ,

I have been tuning YEARS longer then fs and doing it on a dyno as well , I dont need an up to date web site to be the better tuner , thats for suckers like you that feel they need to see pritty pictures of things to feel there getting the best...

Tom

and by pretty pictures of things, do you mean dyno graphs? yeah, i can see how those things can be for suckers. if that's the case, i think i'm going to go start selling exhaust kits made out of old pipes, and tell people that these exhaust systems make 20 whp. when they ask for a dyno, i'll go ahead and tell them that only suckers look at dyno graphs. if they ask me for a picture, i'll tell them that they are suckers as well and that the picture won't do it justice.

you're right about one thing though. an updated website won't make you a better tuner, but it will keep people at ease when they start shelling out $419 for your tune.
05-24-2010 12:13 PM
1turbofocus I feel fs is second best , funny how you have changes your tone about why you chose fs now ,

I have been tuning YEARS longer then fs and doing it on a dyno as well , I dont need an up to date web site to be the better tuner , thats for suckers like you that feel they need to see pritty pictures of things to feel there getting the best , I can remeber when fs sold cookie cutter tunes and bragged about how good they were F-P was doing proper Custom tuning and being told it was no better , I can remember when he said 42lb inj were to big and now its the norm for boost , just like everyone that wants the best for there engine will do a wideband , fs has allways been following why F-P was leading the pack

Its like fishing an old nasty dirty worm will catch fish just like a fancy 30$ luer so if it makes you feel better to pay more and get less then its your money and your happy then why bust my balls

My Customers want the best and thats what they get , you wanted cost over quality and thats what you got , so just be happy with it

A wide band is needed IF you want all that you paid for in a tune and to keep your engine the safest its that simple

Tom
05-24-2010 11:35 AM
aTm Beaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
It doesnt matter who does the tuning , Its a best guess when tuning with out a wide band , Me I want to know that my engine is safe and so do most people and tuners out there , If your happy with not knowing then so be it

Remember you chose your tuner because of cost not customer service or there ability to tune and those were your words , Now you beat on your chest about fs and you act like you chose them because there best , funny how your forgot about how you chose your tuner

Tom
Cost wasn't the only factor. If some so-called "tuner" without any kind of dyno charts was selling them for $300, the answer still would have been NO. The reason I went with FSWerks is because of their knowledge and reputation within the Focus community. Dyno charts are provided and their products are up to date. Their customer service is also top notch. My tuner hasn't been the only thing I purchased from them.

Randy has been tuning for quite a long time already and has done many tunes without the need to look at numbers on a wideband. He is as professional as they come and will tell you exactly what you need. As he also said, bolt ons don't require a wideband, but he does see them as beneficial. He requires the use of a wideband when you start using upgraded cams, an intake manifold, or other internal engine modifications. The way he's able to tune a person's car without the need for it just shows how much he knows about the Focus. Look at how many tunes he has done without any of their engines blowing up.

As much as you hate to admit, FSWerks is the best when it comes to tuning, their products, and an up to date site. They have had numerous awards and are a well known name in the Focus industry. FSWerks FTW!!!
05-24-2010 11:25 AM
PSUrivie To the OP....do things RIGHT and wait a little longer to save the money and get your tune and wideband at the same time. You'll feel better knowing what your ratio is when you go to WOT.
05-24-2010 10:33 AM
1turbofocus It doesnt matter who does the tuning , Its a best guess when tuning with out a wide band , Me I want to know that my engine is safe and so do most people and tuners out there , If your happy with not knowing then so be it

Remember you chose your tuner because of cost not customer service or there ability to tune and those were your words , Now you beat on your chest about fs and you act like you chose them because there best , funny how your forgot about how you chose your tuner

Tom
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.