|02-09-2009 02:20 PM|
|kylesvt720||Are you going to be running the Lake Superior Rally in Michigan this year? If so I can probably get you some crew members!!|
|01-30-2009 12:40 PM|
Thanks for the replies!
We are based in Southern Maine and will be driving down on Wednesday night before the event. My good friend Craig will be acting as crew chief so don't be intimidated if you aren't a certified mechanic :)
As far as crew responsibilities go here is a quick overview.
1. Set up the Service Area - Tent, tarp, tools, etc.
2. Help with any work that needs to be done during the service periods. This includes - jacking up the car, removing wheels, checking brakes, suspension, helping to fix something if it is bent or broken such as a tie rod), putting the wheels back on and torquing them.
3. Get the Driver and Co-Driver lunch so we don't pass out later in the day.
4. Pack up Service Area at the end of the day.
5. Learn about Rally, hang out with the other crews
6. HAVE FUN
Here is a link to a thread that outlines a crew members experience last week at the Team O’neil Rally.
|01-29-2009 09:06 AM|
|kylesvt720||I'm moving from IL to MI in April, but if you have a later rally, I'll help!!|
|01-28-2009 08:15 PM|
|arrestmespi||where are ya'll traveling in from?|
|01-28-2009 09:09 AM|
|Silver Bullet II||What is required of a crew member?|
|01-27-2009 05:05 PM|
the Rally is in Monticello NY - which if i recall correctly is near the junction of 87 and 17 about an hour or so north of NYC.
|01-27-2009 12:51 AM|
|mikebontoft||ah man, that's exciting.... I've been waiting for just a thing, but unfortunately it's come too early (too young, damn it) sounds exciting though|
|01-27-2009 12:50 AM|
|reillydog||I can't find the exact location but it is in the Catskills, near Caanan CT I think....|
|01-27-2009 12:42 AM|
|Rabbitccc||What part of NY is it in?|
|01-27-2009 12:40 AM|
Crew Needed for Rally New York in April
We are planning on competing in our second rally on April 17th and 18 in New York and we are looking for some Rally Fans who would like to crew for us.
We just finished our first Rally this weekend at Team Oneil in Dalton NH. We were ecstatic to finish 5th overall in our first event but realized how valuable a crew is to the overall effort. (we had one friend come up and help us).
So if anyone is looking to get a better look at what Rally is all about from the inside please let me know.
We will provide lodging and beer :)