Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#2,682 ·
Hey hey from Utah!

stoppin in to say hi to everyone!
I am from Utah, near the southern most border.
I've been lurking around the forums for about a month now. Taking in all the wonderful insights and info.

I am a first time focus owner, driving a 2012 focus SEL.
Wanting to upgrade the Nav in the car and do some other small mods here and there.

Found the forum the first day I bought the car.

Anywho, it is nice to be here and thanks to all in advance.

Jay

#2,684 ·
Joined back in November but just recently started checking in on a daily basis. Really cool place to get tips and suggestions. I drive a 2003 SE Sedan. Just put on the SVT suspension kit from Ford and have a few other mods in mind for the spring. (I'm in Wisconsin)

#2,689 ·
Hello everyone! I bought my first Ford this weekend. It's a 2014 SE Black, Black Pack hatch 6 speed DTC, 201A package, winter package. I was very hesitant at first of purchasing this car. After reading so many stories online of people having issues with their trans, I told the dealer I wanted a 5 speed manual. He made many phone calls but unfortunately there aren't many outhere. So no luck for me. Told the dealer I had to sleep on it. So that night I made my research and came across your community on Google. After reading Joeywhat's article on the Ford Powershift system and DTC transmission, I finally understood why some people are having issues with their DCT. It's all about the driving and realizing that this is not an automatic, but a manual automatic so there's a big difference. This was my (HaHa!) moment. I drove many stick shift in the past so when I took it for a test drive I knew it had to be driven like a manual trans. I was pleasantly surprise on how smooth it was. Of course there's a little delay between shift's but that wasn't an issue for me. So I signed the papers with confidence and super happy about my purchase. It's such a cute car. So that's my story. Very happy to be part of your community.

#2,691 ·
Hello everyone! ... Very happy to be part of your community.
Bonjour et bienvenue à FocusFanatics! Je suis près d'Edmonton, en Alberta. Se il vous plaît vérifier les forums régionaux, je crois qu'il est un forum pour les québécois. Je sais que ce est un peu court préavis, mais il ya un événement qui se passe à Memphis, Tennessee, États-Unis d'Amérique. Il est appelé FocusFest. Il rassemble d'autres passionnés Ford Focus de partout en Amérique du Nord pour un spectacle et la brillance et divers événements de course. Je espère que vous joindre à nous à Memphis cette année! Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées sur focusfest.com. Encore une fois, bienvenue et au nom des autres membres de ce forum, je espère que vous apprécierez ce forum! [loveff][welcome]

Reactions: SMARTINEAU
#2,690 ·
You folks save me money.

Hello. I've finally joined. I've used the forums for help so many times and I reeeallllly appreciate it. We owned a 2005 we bought new and ran it to 160,000 miles - it's probably still out there going strong. We found a 2010 SE with 50,000 miles and a manual transmission a couple years ago and have it at 116,000 miles. I've never had a bunch of money so I try to keep the vehicles running on my own, unless it's beyond me or my back vetoes the idea. I've replaced plugs, fuel pumps and filters, clutch master cylinder and bled the system, brake pads and shoes - I've saved hundreds of dollars on shop labor and every time before I start, I look in the forums. I still don't understand stickies or whatever, but hopefully I'll not ask the same questions that have already been answered.
pjnibs

#2,695 ·
Hello. I've finally joined. I've used the forums for help so many times and I reeeallllly appreciate it. We owned a 2005 we bought new and ran it to 160,000 miles - it's probably still out there going strong. We found a 2010 SE with 50,000 miles and a manual transmission a couple years ago and have it at 116,000 miles. I've never had a bunch of money so I try to keep the vehicles running on my own, unless it's beyond me or my back vetoes the idea. I've replaced plugs, fuel pumps and filters, clutch master cylinder and bled the system, brake pads and shoes - I've saved hundreds of dollars on shop labor and every time before I start, I look in the forums. I still don't understand stickies or whatever, but hopefully I'll not ask the same questions that have already been answered.
pjnibs
A sticky is a thread that the community and/or mods deem important enough to lock at the top of each forum. They contain info on common Focus issues for...every...single...Focus...model...ever...made...ever...and then some lol.

I hope that helps. [twothumbs]

CHEERS!

#2,694 ·
#2,693 · (Edited)
low battery light, and poor power

Hi all, im a new member have a focus 2011 1.6 125 zetec. Had it from Dec and its been intermittently throwing up amber warning light of low battery, although its never not started or struggled to start, i must admit going up an incline the car goes through the gears fine into 40mph at 4th gear I've had my foot planted on the floor and it will not give me an ounce more power, and gave a shudder.....unfortunately its been in garage twice, 1st time showing battery charge of 73%, which was recharged fully, second time nothing wrong, and its back in again!!!! just feel this car is lacklustre in power. anyone of you have any ideas, i would greatly appreciate any advice.

#2,697 ·
New from el paso texas , mods, removed air box cover don't hate it works w/ hose clamp securing filter, rmvd lunch box, and plastidip I love this thing! 2012 sel
Looks awesome!! [welcome]

#2,698 ·
new focus

Just bought a 2014 focus se 2 weeks ago. I love this car had a 2001 focus and was tome for a new car. Got another focus because I loved my old car. New car has so many options I have never had before. New car is a joy to drive. Found this site just searching the web
Steve

#2,700 ·
New here from Indiana

My name is Josh and all my friends call me Huggy Bear. I have a Silver 2005 ZX3 that I dubbed "Silver Fox"

I plan to invest in mods in the future but for the time being I am all stock.

I actually found this forum accidentally while browsing google for information about vinyl wrapped focus's.

I plan on buying a sticker bomb vinyl wrap for my focus.

#2,701 ·
New to FF!!!

Hello All,
I am new to Focus Fanatics, My wife and I purchased a used 2010 Focus from a Honda dealership and have been very happy with our investment so far.
It's a dark color blue sedan with 4 doors and I am very happy there is a website to dedicated Focus owners like us!!!!!!