Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#2,474 ·
New !!

Hello I am Justin, I am New to AZ. I have had my car since 2009. It is a 2003 Ford Focus SVT Inferno Red. I bought it in New York and shipped it to AZ to where i reside now. I haven't seen many SVT here a lot of ZX3 though. I was hoping to meet some people that are in the area.

[headbang]

#2,483 ·
New 2000 Focus SE Wagon Owner

Hello Focus Fanatics!

Honestly, I'm not a fanatic of the Focus. I purchased a 2000 SE wagon about a month ago for the fuel economy. After purchasing it and taking it out for its second voyage, the driver's side rear end starting clunking on turns. I jacked it up to take a look and wouldn't you know, the whole rear end assembly is completely rusted through and literally falling apart (Thank you Maine!). The rear sway bar tore away from the cross member and the driver's side upper control arm mount is about to go as well. I did some searching online and found a thread from one of the members here and decided to register to get some tips and hints on maintenance and other issues concerning the Focus. I am trying to get all of the old parts off of the wagon, but I'm running into issues with rusted bolts, etc. Hopefully my new air compressor and impact wrench will solve this problem, but I haven't had the time to give them a try. Any advice on tearing out the rear end assembly would be greatly appreciated. So far I have the passenger side coil spring out and some of the control arms have been loosened. I'm running into problems with the bolts on the lower rear control arms. My plan is to leave the trailing arm in place along with the hubs and then squeeze the rear cross member with everything attached out of the bottom. I really don't want to mess with taking the brake lines loose or anything like that. I hate bleeding brakes. Anyways, so far I have collected an expensive array of new parts such as a new cross member, new rear lower control arms, new front lower control arms, and new sway bar bushings. I have a set of upper control arms on order and I plan on getting new hubs, trailing arm bushings, and sway bar links. Basically a complete rebuild of the rear end.

Thanks for this site and I'm sure I will be browsing it to find information on maintaining my new money pit.

Travis

#2,484 ·
Hi! I bought my (new to me) 2013 ford focus hatchback in September of this year with less than 23k miles on it. During the test drive the salesman said that the shuddering and rattling would be normal, just the way of the car's dual clutch automatic manual transmission. At the time the radio was on, so I only thought I heard the rattling, but 2.5 months in, I KNOW it's not normal, and I can hear it easily over the radio. I loved my little car, so excited to get a nice "new" vehicle. Now I feel duped by the dealership- the recall was sent out within 3 weeks of me buying this car. They knew there was an issue, but didn't disclose it before I bought it...

#2,486 ·
Thank you! I took my car in Monday and received it back with new seals and clutch assembly. I forget the TSB number- maybe 14-0197? My paperwork is at work, but I did get the black seals and clutch assembly part F.
It drives like a dream now (correctly) without any shudders at all! But like a dream, I'm wondering when I'm going to wake up and have it start acting up again. I'm crossing my fingers that THIS is the fix everyone has been waiting for. I told my service manager that I appreciated his dedication to making Ford's screw ups right, and that if I heard/felt anything remotely close to what I had prior, I was coming back immediately. He was gracious and agreed my car was one of the "broken" ones, but it's fixed now.

I'll keep the forum up to date because with my payments, I'm in this for the long haul! :)

#2,488 ·
Ford Focus 2006 Write Off

Hi Guys, i am from Sydney Australia:)

A couple of years ago i purchased a low millage Ford Focus Sports write off with the intent of installing the engine (Durance 2 Ltr) into a project Fraser Clubman (Lotus 7 Replica).

I have run into a couple of problems that I am looking for some information and advice.

The first is related to the ECU, I am looking for a off the shelf compatible unit. I have all the components from the Focus however very complex interfaces and interlocks that I really want to simplify.

The second issue relates to my interface between my Duratec engine and my manual Sierra box. I had a transition bell housing made however now it looks as though I require a dry sump due to lack of under car clearance and I am interested in the the bottom bolt configuration. What I have at the moment is a Bell housing that mates with the engine block, however there is serious misalignment to the two / three bottom bolts into the sump and wondering if there is a standard bolt configuration for dry sumps and where best I can purchase.
Colin

#2,490 ·
I discovered the Ford Focus when I bought my first one last July...it was a 2005 black sedan...bought my second one, a 2003 white sedan se a few weeks ago...shortly after my 2005 was totalled so I just bought a 2012 silver sedan se a few days ago...really happy with this line of cars...totally miss my 2005, but the 2003 is my fav for interior...really like the body on the 2012...I'm in Spokane, Washington so I am looking forward to seeing how the Focus handles in the snow...

#2,496 ·
Hello everyone,

A little background on how I got here... My first car was a 2005 Focus (SE), which was a great little car. When I bought a house I kept needing friends trucks to help me, so I got an F-150. Great truck, loved it. However, I moved to another state and now rent the house out (and have to commute), so I decided to give the Fiesta a look because I wanted to save on fuel. The Fiesta was a bit cramped for me and the safety rating in the back was a bit scary, so I gave the Focus a shot. Loved it! I ended up purchasing the platinum white 2014 Focus Titanium and trading the truck in.

It's really comfortable and fun to drive! I'm looking forward to learning more about it from you all and maybe even learning a few things I can do to it. Thanks!