Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#1,278 ·
Hello All.

Just a quick intro, I currently drive a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0. But today I ordered a '12 Focus HB Titanium, 401A package with MFT/NAV, Moon roof and the Titanium handling package in Candy Blue. I wanted Kona Blue but they are no longer offering that color.
I have always had high horse power cars so I am sure this will be a major change for me but I drive well over 500 miles a week for my job and the 22MPG on the 5.0 just isn't cutting it. To add to my fuel dependency I also have Ford 150 and my wife has a Dodge Challenger SRT8...we don't even look at the MPG there...we just keep going to the gas station.

Anyways I am getting a good price for a 2012 P3N (under invoice...the regional manager is my neighbor) and all the reviews and info I read on the Focus makes it look a fun little car. I test drove a SE sedan and TIT Sedan and while I am sure I won't be heading to the drag strip with the Focus anytime soon I think I will like passing by a few gas stations! (actually I probably will take the Focus to the strip just for the novelty of it!)

#1,285 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2012 Focus SEL Hatch today. I should take delivery Monday.
I purchased with the X Plan that Ford has so I got more car than I thought I would (meaning I saved $$$).
I got the SEL, Auto with the 303a package and the Premium package and keyless entry.
She's that lovely Blue Candy color. It came with black leather seating and a power driver seat (I prefer cloth). I think all I really need at first is tint and some in channel vent shades.
I've been lurking here for a week or so and have read many good, informative posts.

Looking forward to learning and sharing !

#1,290 ·
Hey all,
Just joined from Orlando, FL. I currently drive a 2005 MINI MCSc and have a 1982 Mini for the weekends. Love both of them. Over the years I've owned a ton of hot hatches, but never a Ford. There really hasn't been anything in their lineup that appealed to me. Any car can be made to go straight fast, but to me there's nothing more fun than throwing an agile car through tight twisties!

A while back I was in Germany, and a friend of mine took me out on the Nürburgring with his MINI. That's where I fell in love with the Focus RS. Of course the RS decimated his MINI on the open straights, but what really impressed me was that it didn't lose that ground back at the next set of turns. Not many cars out there that can do that, especially in this price range. I promptly came back to the states and looked to find an RS here. No such luck. Nothing even close to as agile or powerful. What a letdown!

Needless to say when I heard about the new "global" ST, I was more than a bit excited. While I'll still be keeping the MINI, I'll gladly be saying goodbye to my wife's Pontiac G6 when the ST comes out!

I'm glad Ford is recognizing there is a market for big-car amenities without the big car.

#1,293 ·
Hi Ya'll!!!!! Noob here....

Just bought a 2012 Ford Focus SEL this weekend. It has the Ambient Lighting and MyFord Touch. So far its been great and everyone has been loving the look of it.

Had to trade in my 2004 40th Anniversary edition Mustang though. But totally worth it cause that thing has TONS of issues. Every month I was putting in repairs. Obviously doesn't have the same power as my V6 3.9L but still drives great.

#1,295 ·
New FOCI FB page!!!

New foci FB page...check it out! facebook.com/floridafoci you can e-mail pics to floridafodi@yahoo.com and I will post them to the FB page. Be sure to send me your info with the pics: Name, city, year/model of your focus, and any mods you have done to it. Any feedback you can give will be helpful too. I just created it so it needs some TLC and creativity to make it lively...pics will help with that!!! I also used the FOMOCO logo for the profile pic. I thought it was appropriate. :) Let me know what you think. ~Paul

#1,297 ·
Hi All,

I'm a long-time focus owner, with my first car ever as a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS in CD Silver Metallic with 42000+ Miles, and we just handed that car off to my dad for a new 2012 Ford Focus SEL in Candy Blue Tinted metallic with currently 500 miles.

Foci are awesome. A good homage to Ford's craftsmanship.

#1,298 ·
Brand new Focus owner, 2012 Tuxedo Black SE sedan with 203A, auto tranny and sport pkg. I absolutely love this car!! Found this site doing an internet search for Ford Focus forums as part of my new vehicle research prior to purchasing. This is a great place for info/feedback![thumb][loveff]

#1,299 ·
Hello,

My name is Ben and I'm a n00b.

I drive a 2003 ZX3 that I bought new off the lot 4/29/2003.

I joined up after my thermostat housing crapped out on me and I could only find intellegent information on why my car was spewing coolant from somewhere that I couldn't locate. I've stuck around for all of the awesome how-to advice.

#1,301 ·
focus question help

Hi, i have a 2006 focus zx4 and was wondering if ford ever fixed the problem with the valve seats falling out? If so what year did they fix the problem?
Also i thought my brake level was low so i serviced the reservoir and it wasent filling up. I looked under the vehicle and it was dumping brake fluid on the floor. I jacked the car up and crawled underneath. I found the fluid to be coming out of a hard plastic (?) under the vehicle. It was located i believe under the coolant lines coming off the firewall. Since I dont have a manual yet, is this normal? Is it just a overfill line? I have never come across something so crazy!

#1,303 ·
great to know. What about the brake fluid item, that cant be normal can it? Ive always like the focus and the time came where I sold my fishing boat to buy the right focus. I bought a 2006 focus zx4 and is there anything in particular I need to look out for?
Thanks you guys are the best

#1,304 ·
Oh yeah - I missed that.

I'm assuming you have a manual transmission, and that you have a leak in your clutch master cylinder or its line, maybe. The hydraulic clutch uses brake fluid to operate, and shares the same reservoir as the brake booster. Run a little search for "clutch master cylinder" and see if that helps you out.