Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#1,928 ·
Well, my car is finally "official"! After waiting nearly 5 weeks, the dealership called yesterday evening to let me know my plates came in. Picked them up soon after; I've been chomping at the bit to get them. Now I have another plate number to get stuck in my head, lol.

#1,931 ·
Hello all :)

Hi all, new here to focus fanatics but have been lurking around on focusst.org, stnation, and focaljet under the same screen name.

Name: Dave
Region: North East - Upstate New York - Rochester
Car: 2013 Black ST3 - acquired 6/6/2013
Recent activity: attended Focus Rising 2013 Carlisle, PA
Mods so far:
- Debadged Focus Logo
- Tinted Windows 3M Colorstable 20% all around

Very excited to be a new owner and part of the Focus community. Had an amazing time at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle this past weekend though a bit intimidated by the mechanical and engineering knowledge of others...I am new to this genre of car. I have never owned a vehicle with a Turbo so I have quite a bit to learn.

That said great time meeting skypilot and others at Focus Rising and look forward to be apart of this community as well.

~DCFocusST

#1,932 ·
Hi all, new here to focus fanatics but have been lurking around on focusst.org, stnation, and focaljet under the same screen name.

Name: Dave
Region: North East - Upstate New York - Rochester
Car: 2013 Black ST3 - acquired 6/6/2013
Recent activity: attended Focus Rising 2013 Carlisle, PA
Mods so far:
- Debadged Focus Logo
- Tinted Windows 3M Colorstable 20% all around

Very excited to be a new owner and part of the Focus community. Had an amazing time at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle this past weekend though a bit intimidated by the mechanical and engineering knowledge of others...I am new to this genre of car. I have never owned a vehicle with a Turbo so I have quite a bit to learn.

That said great time meeting skypilot and others at Focus Rising and look forward to be apart of this community as well.

~DCFocusST
hey........I know you!

Welcome!

[welcome][ffrocks][cheers]

#1,933 ·
I'm a new-be on the forum.
My air vent control valve,changes vents of air flow,was acting up so I did a search and found the and joined the forum.

I got this problem under control but now my A/C is acting up.

When it cool,morning and evenings my A/C in my 2006 works rather well,tempature in vents around 42 degress.

During 90 degree weather the I get cool air but tempature in vents only 62-65 degrees.

I had my freon sucked and checked.Car dealer had it over-filled so I'm assuming I have a bad compressor or maybe a bad valve that changes freon to spray????Dealer handles alot of Focuses and thinks it's the compressor.He says it's happened to his other focus.
I have a 2006 with 115K miles.

I wanted to say hello and start to tackle this A/C problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

#1,935 ·
I agree.The knob to change vent air flow was hanging up,unfortunately the cable came off or snapped,dealer gave me a new cable but according to the forum the Focus doesn't use a cabin filter and debris can get in and cause problems shutting a door.

In the mean-time you can by hand,remove sub-dash under steerwheel,get the vents you want.Mine was stuck in defrost but for summer it needed vents,I did that and I always leave keys in ignition but working on car I locked myself out.

My hood was open,there may be a way to jump contacts to active trunk,but the forum helped me get into locked car.
I went through the trunk by pressing the trunk button,took about 1-hour but no damage to door,few very small scratches.Turn signal in a way helped support wire but it can get in way.

#1,936 · (Edited)
I have a feeling a may need to get a new compressor or rebuild the whole A/C system.I've had A/C problems before and sometimes it's best because of suck and refill and time can be money just to replace all major compents.
I found alot of online places,has anyone dealt with discountacparts.com or is there a parts supplier forum users have had goo results with?What are OEM parts?
I can get compressor,expansion device,dryer,seals and oil for 235.00 but I still may need condensor.
When I was a DIY,instead of tearing down replace one part suck it down and refill,if not fixed repeat,takes more time.Just replace all possible causes,suck it down and recharge.
I don't think the computer on Focus will let me know what part of A/C is bad or acting up or will it?
That would be nice if it pin-pointed which a/c component was acting up.

#1,941 ·
HEy guys.

Pete from Michigan here. Just got a black 2005 focus zx4 ST. It is COMPLETELY STOCK. Had an 06 now have an 05 with 170,000 miles on it. Love it!! I'm a car n00b, i have little knowlege about upgrades/performance parts and what they do, so don't get mad at "dumb" questions, as they aren't dumb to me. I am a single dad, so I'm poor. Wondering if there is anything I can do to increase
The torque for my car that's cheap:) I have heard that the 2.3L engine stock is a very limited car as it pertains to potential power and HP. Thanks:)

Posted via FF Mobile

#1,946 ·
I mean yea, you can add more power with some bolt-ons. Cold air intake, under drive pullys, header, exhaust. You'll probably gain 15-20 hp if your lucky. You'll have to go with a turbo if you really want to gain anything. Check out fswerks.com

#1,949 · (Edited)
roberted5 - General Tech section & a new thread stating your problem is the best way to get A/C answers, or clarification on the "how to" info..

Sarge - Duratec performance area has a LOT of info on that engine, Many options avail. - some cheap ones are worthwhile - but no BIG gains are cheap (grin). BTW - the ST is the most desirable Focus other than the SVT, they are quite close in performance.

#1,950 ·
Hi, my name is Scott, and I'm an alcoh...

Sorry, wrong intro.

Anyhoo, we needed a small hatch with decent mileage. I wanted a used Dodge Magnum, the wife wanted a new car (because she didn't want to put money into brakes, other crap, etc.), so we compromised, and got a new car.

It was between a Kia Soul and a Focus, and even though the Soul was cheaper and had more room, the Focus won out on driving dynamics, style, and basically everything else. The base Soul I drove was alright, but a brand new car without power mirrors or a spare tire? C'mon.

So a Blue Candy SE hatch with a 5 speed for us, thanksverymuch.

That was probably more info than anybody on here cares about, so if you don't like it, go pound [wave]

#1,952 ·
Hello Focus Fanatics! I just joined earlier today but I've lurked on the technical forums for quite a while, especially when I had cooling problems with my old green 2001 ZTS (seems to be such a common problem with the earlier Foci, glad it wasn't just mine). Sadly, it was totaled in an accident due to a texting driver that ran a red light and hit me. [rant]

I thought I'd actually register this time around and try to get more personal feedback in the event that I will have any future issues with my "new" 2006 ZX3 SES. Peace.

#1,955 ·
Hey all,
actually been on here for a lil while just sifting around.

and now its time i finally say HI!
i drive a '13 focus se hatch 5 speed, and i cant wait to start screwing with it and void my warrenty!

been modifying cars/ trucks for awhile now, started in dodge neons, then rangers... due to gas i moved back into the small cars with my focus.

glad to see there is finnaly non st tunning on the way, wich means i can turbo the fungus and such.

forgot to mention im from canada, so dont be hatin![twothumbs]

#1,956 ·
Hi members, I'm new here, I found this forum doing various focus Google searches, my name is Kris and I am a Ford technician at a dealership and I have a 2004 Focus SVT with the eap package, bought it cheap because it needs a clutch and a timing belt, which I will be replacing soon.

#1,957 ·
Member from Brazil

Hello people,

I'm new in this FF forum, however I'm quite active member in Brazilian Ford and Focus forums.
I found this forum while looking how to solve some issues in my Focus.

My name is Fabricio. I am professor and researcher at university in southern Brazil, in plastic/polymer related topics.

I own a 2004 Focus Sedan 2.0 Zetec gasoline engine converted to CNG fuel (5th generation CNG "injected" system). Running on CNG it does 28 mpg (city), 40 mpg (highway) and 35 mpg (combined). I bought the car in september 2010, with 107.000 km, and nowadays it has about 192.000 km on it. I run about 30.000 km per year with this car.

I'm will be very happy to change knowledge and experience about Focus and related subjects. [cheers]