Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#1,627 ·
New old guy here. The wife just bought a 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic 5 door SE. It's not loaded just a basic car. I came here just to keep up with recalls and the such. No mods planned until the warranty runs out, Then it will only be intake, exhaust and wheels.
I am active on the Lightning forums, ModularFords and VTCOA as well as a few chicken forums.
I drive an 99 Oxford white Lightning with intake, exhaust, JDM tunes, 2800 stall PI converter, built trans., adj. shocks all around, long bars, lowered 2" in the rear. It's currently the 2nd quickest stock pulley truck with a best of 12.68 in the 1/4.
I also have a 94 Oxford white Flairside XLT that I'm slowly restoring. 1 owner no dents but, needs paint. The wife bought it at a yard sale.
I'll find my way around soon enough just need to search more. I'm trying to find my build number and date, is it on the window sticker?[thumb][thumb]

#1,631 ·
Liking this car a lot so far

I joined this site a few weeks ago while I was shopping for a 4 door hatchback with a manual transmission. It was either a Focus SE or a Mazda3 with the skyactiv engine, because there aren't too many other choices in the US at the moment. I got the Focus yesterday.

I really wish Ford had put a 6 speed on this car, but at least the MTX-75 is tried and true, and it's had almost all the friction engineered out of it. I had the same transmission in my 98 Contour, which I swore would be my last Ford. But, here I am again....back to the Blue Oval mommy.

#1,641 ·
Hello to all the foci lovers!

Hi, the name is Brian. You can call me Cheez (obviously). I just wanted to introduce myself and get a little feedback from the guys and gals here.

I have had my baby since Oct of 06 with 46 miles on it and now have a tad over 88k. Yes, she is alittle worse for wear right now but as soon as I have the funds will be doin all i can to keep her running good. She is 100% stock still, minus the new front right fender, hood, and bumper. My ex was involved in alittle fender bender a few years back. Nothing that couldnt be fixed though.

That brings me to my reason for finally joining a foci community, while driving down 167 in puyallup i saw a bada** foci with halo head lamps, and lookin slick as hell. Made me wanna start workin on mine... finally. I do have financial issues as of right now but on the flip side have some free time to burn. I already know i have a long road cosmetically ahead of me, but want to know where the best, and cheapest, ways of getting some decent HP out of the engine would be? I am definately mechanically inclined and know my way around a car, but i dont have alot of tools or extra parts. It doesnt help that most of my friends now have some ricer POS's and get their stuff for next to nothin.

I am just looking for some advice as to where to start first, and at the cheapest amount possible. I live in the edgewood/milton area and want to maybe find some more enthusiests such as myself that would have a bit more expertise on the 2.0 duratech, and the foci in general. I do have a garage (kinda limited room in it but not too small an area) and some basic tools. So not to drag this on any longer, hit me with any and all questions you may have and lets get this party started. I have waited long enough! Lol. And thanks for reading btw. Kinda long I know.

#1,644 ·
Noob fanatic

Hey everybody

I just picked up a 2002 se auto wagon Just under 100k miles for a steal of deal I hope. It needs some tlc but it has the zetec and it's gets moving when it's not lodged. I call it the Golden Eagle, obv it's gold and ford is the most American car/truck I've owned in a while. I'm excited even about working on it

So far had a blast breaking the lugs and replacing old lugs with solid lugs instead of the chrome plated lugs. Changed oil and sway bar linkage. Found a lots of burnt out bulbs in the brake system but she's done about 800 miles and nothing fell off. Better then other cars I've had.

Justin the cloudsplitter.

#1,646 ·
Focus Fanatics looks like the right place to get some help

Hello everybody,
So far just looking around at ALL the chat forums (WOW a bit overwelming) before I ask for help..

Everybody is so helpful and nice.

I have a beautiful graphite grey 2005 Focus SES ZX4. That i absolutley love.

I'm having some tranny problems. Looking for right forum to explain my troubles in. I have very limited funds and think i can fix this myself [:)]. I HOPE!!

Have a great evening and maybe our paths will cross again when i figure out where the right discussion room is for me.

-Midge

#1,648 ·
Hey gang,

I'm Orca (duh) from Los Angeles, CA. I'm the proud owner of a 2012 Focus SEL hatchback and it's AWESOME, covered with awesome sauce. Lots of pep, great gas mileage, and it goes through turns like it's magnetized to the road. My wife and I recently went up Beverly Glen Drive (Angelenos will understand) and had absolutely no problem with it--it was like riding on rails. I gave up a Camry and haven't looked back. I liked the Camry just fine, but it was like driving a sofa. A beige sofa. Now, I'm driving a car that won't put me to sleep.

Even better, I have suddenly one-upped the young office whippersnappers in automotive cool. (Why yes, they do ask for test rides. Why do you ask?) Sometimes, being middle-aged ain't so bad.

Orca

#1,655 ·
welcome welcome!
2008 red se sedan 5spd

I got it used, a week or so ago and I which the first owner had taken better care of it. Mechanically it is just fine, but its clear that he or she had been careless with it, inside and out. It makes me sad.[:(]
hello came her from focaljet like this site alote more already to be honest lol.i drive a 2001 zx3 focus,lots of bolt ons and other mods love it!
Hello all,

Bough my new 2012 Focus Ti over the weekend. Hope to learn a lot from this forum and contribute as much!

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!! [welcome][ffrocks]

I for one love the Ford Focus!! I just purchased my 3rd one today.

so far I have owned a 2003 LX sedan, a 2010 SES Sedan, and now a 2012 SEL 5 Door hatch