Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#3,430 ·
Hi,
I’m French but I live in Canada since September so I’ve bought a 2008 Ford Focus SE (but green .... Damitt !!) and I am really pleased to be a member of the Focus fanatics family ! I forgot to mention that my lovely car has just 70k km only from 2008 so engine is cleannnnnnn ! But anyway here is examples of what I want to do on so give your advices I will be pleased :
Color change obviously (or covering ?)
Fan motor résistance cause speeds are not working
Change steering wheel with another with optional buttons of cruise control and radio control to upgrade my confort
Bearings of I don’t know which one does the noice
Motor mounts cause that’s vibrate somehow
And rear suspensions

and after all that done, maybe motor prep, and general aspect of the car ( spoiler or so )

see ya !

#3,431 ·
Hello from Alabama,

I purchased a 2004 SVTF a few weeks ago. I've been interested in them for several years and this one came up for sale at a decent price and in really good condition so I bought it. I'm looking forward to doing some mods to it and driving the crap out of it! It's great to be a member of your forum. Thanks!

#3,433 ·
hi my name is Tony. I don't own a focus... yet and im looking for a svt focus to own as my first car and yes im that young. i found this website while researching about the svt focus and i've been doing so for about 2 months but i've just decided to join this forum. i hope i can learn more about focuses on here

#3,434 ·
I own a 2011 Focus SES 4 door. Its a great running and driving little car.Daily drove it until the snow started. Very solid but has a few cosmetic issues. One picture is when I bought it April of 2019, the other 2 are from early summer. I have new bumper covers for it, new steering wheel controls and a 2 door SES roof wing. I am no stranger to project cars/motorcycles. My Focus is in the garage for the winter and as soon as spring hits I will start tinkering.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Ford motor company
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Mid-size car

#3,437 ·
Hey! New to the forum

I have a 2016 Focus Sport Ecoboost LZ Hatch

Really hoping to find someone else who has the same model !
I've been on the hunt for some lowering springs and having no luck on what will fit - Love my car but partly wish I waited a bit longer and bought a ST haha

#3,438 ·
01 SE Wagon! 226000 mile daily. I love this thing! SVT brake and steering wheel swap, 16" wheels from (I was told) an 09, full suspension replacement in 2018, has been used, sometimes abused (see pics :p)and keeps coming cheerfully back for more! I also had an 04 for a little over a year. Got it with 235000 miles and a bad head gasket. Fixed it up, changed the front suspension and worked through some problems after the trans sucked up some gunk (thanks previous tech who serviced it and forgot the trans filter, fml). Drove it while I did the suspension on the wagon then sold it. Both are Zetec cars.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Family car
Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Brake Machine
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Trunk Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Parking
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

#3,440 ·
2013 Titanium Sedan “Automatic”. Bought it new and has been for the most part a great car and fun to drive. The downside has been the dual clutch shuddering, imploded gas tank from a fuel pump that didn’t cut off, and now the whole radio and sync system crashing. Looking for some help on the last one.

#3,441 · (Edited)
2014 Se (201A Apprearence Package) Auto w/ Select Shift

Owner Since roughly 2k now 81500
(Miles)

Absolutely love it im just looking for more power. I have been having a hard time finding "go fast parts", cams, injectors, cold air intake, less restrictive exhaust, the whole quarter mile.

Im planning on doing a rebuild at 100k and doing upgrades but I cant friggin find them.

#3,445 ·
The DadMobile is a 2006 ZXW A/T with 180k km (112k miles). It's been my workhorse for a young family from 2012 (and 80k km) until 2 years ago when my wife got her own car and took over a lot of the driving. It's still my daily, and I'd started hating it and decided that needed to change. In researching my options, I came across all this great advice and info and after reading many threads, decided to join.
It's a bit beat up and needs some replacement parts, so I'm starting to give it a second life as a performance sleeper, starting with putting it on new dampers and springs (b&g lowering and KYB GR-2s) and a new set of Pilot Sport 3+ tires, on some stock-looking 16"x8" rims (A/S because Canada, even my summer tires need to deal with wet, crappy roads.) Exhaust is next, since the original is full of holes - sounds great, but doesn't smell so good - open to advice, but considering a custom 2.5" MagnaFlow or FlowMaster setup, since no one seems to make a bolt on for the wagon, but I'm all ears.
The bumper is getting some drift stitching this week, and I'm gonna seal in some bare metal patches with matte clear coat around the wheel wells, ratrod style. I also need to get to the door seams before next winter.
I'm hoping to get it together for a mild forced induction setup by Fall for ~180-200whp - not sure what yet, as the FSWerks kit says it doesn't fit with the A/T.
Thanks to everyone who has created this amazing resource.
Anyhow, here she is, winter steelies and all, no work done yet, except for some good cleaning inside - the before shot)

(And yes, I have read the sleeper thread: a Google search for "Focus Wagon Sleeper" lead me to that thread and through it, FF.)