Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#3,235 ·
I have viewed this site in the past, just didn't register. I have two Ford Foci. One is a 2012 Gray Hatchback SEL that my wife drives and I drive a 2014 Gray Hatchback Titanium. I added the Roush CAI to the 2012 with an FSWerks cat back stealth exhaust for a sweet sound. I have yet to touch the 2014. I am looking at the K&N 57 or 69 CAI, but I would look more at the Ford Racing axle back muffler for the sound. MPG is a strong interest here.

#3,239 ·
Hey everyone! I purchased a 2000 ZX3 last year, after I totaled out my previous vehicle, and even after a few mechanical issues the past month, I love the car. I'll be honest, this forum helped me get things running right again, so thanks a million. Everything seemed to happen all at once, but I really can't complain. Glad to be hear and I look forward to learning more about the Focus.

#3,240 · (Edited)
Aussie Newbie

Hello All,
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I purchased a 2008 LT MK2 Focus 2.0 Duratec Zetec Hatch.
I am Ford through and through, they say I bleed blue!
There where a few little issues with the car when we got it. The vacuum hose came off the actuator for the inlet valves and there was an issue with the vacuum distribution block as well this caused issues with the inlet valves and also strange over revving.
Some of the interior around the centre console has not been designed very well I think Ford needs to get the Aussie design team to have a look at this.
Anyway I have heard that the inlet manifold with the variable intake can cause issues and kill the engine so I will looking into an aftermarket inlet manifold and also exhaust manifold and exhaust system which is how I found this site whilst googling.

#3,242 ·
Hey all, I just got a white 2015 Ford Focus SE hatch and finally got to take possession of it yesterday. I already made a post about it here, but I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about the car and modding it lightly![wave]
Start with the snorkel delete! ha, I'm really not sure if it does much but it is a nice starting point just to get your hands on your focus.

Have fun trying to restrain yourself and "mod lightly" ha-ha-ha. Unfortunately there inst much stuff out there yet for the base models but you should check out FSWERKS, I really enjoy the products they provide and are very helpful over the phone like i have stated before o this forum.

I roughly spent 1K on parts, In my opinion it was worth it. I purchased the cool flow air intake, stealth exhaust system, H&R Sport Springs and the rear stability bar. I get comments from friends as well who really enjoy the car much better now. regardless, to each their own. Great car purchase, you will enjoy it regardless!

***If i were to only have the option of picking 1 of the 4 items I already have, I would go with the cool flow air intake. Gives the car a nice shot of testosterone and the growling noise is amazing!

https://www.fswerks.com/

#3,243 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice and recommendations! Haha, we'll see on the snorkel delete. Right now, I wanna just drive it a few more weeks totally stock and just get a feel for the car and any problems or little quirks this particular one might have.

As for your mods, did you really notice an appreciable difference with the cool airflow intake? I've always been a bit skeptical of them. How did the ride change with the the H&R Sport Springs? Is it still comfortable for longer trips, or is it a bit stiff? Also, is the stability bar a sway bar or Strut tower bar? I see stress bars and sway bars. Did it help with the oversteer and/or flex of the back end significantly?

So far, I know that I will have to replace the rotors in the next 10K anyways, so I am thinking about doing a brake upgrade. I've also thought about potentially doing a Rear Sway Bar and possibly a Lower front strut bar to tighten it up some. Both of those would be a ways out though.

#3,246 ·
This was my first experience with a cool flow air intake system and I felt that it made more of a difference then my exhaust system (Installed that after the air filter). The difference I'm telling you is night and day. After the Air filter my car was finally awake and ready. your not going to turn this thing into a "fast'' car but it does make the driving a lot more enjoyable.

Not sure were you are from but in So Cal we have a Mountain called Big Bear and I had the luxury of taking my car up the 1 hour hill climb (with winding turns and sharp corners) while my car was stock and recently with all the mods this weekend. The rear stability bar and spring combo seemed to make the car feel like it was gliding through the turn instead of feeling like the back end is going to slide out. The bar and spring combo, again made it feel locked into the ground, for me at least.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to but,
Over-steer Problems: I would test turns at pretty decent speeds (without the springs or stress bar) and would have mixed results haha. the back end couldn't handle accelerating out of a turn going at decent speeds, the front would slide in the same direction as the back at times, if that makes sense (my experience at least) After the suspension and bar install that was greatly reduced. Just got to be careful!

Again, If you are looking for something, I would personally get the cold air intake system. Hands down the most surprising attachment for my car.

#3,244 ·
2005/mk2 Aftermarket R/central locking

Im trying to wire up an aftermarket remote for the central locking but I'm having trouble locating the lock/unlock wires in the GEM. Could someone please direct me to them. There's been a lot of conflicting things on the web but none of them correct.
Thanks in advance

#3,245 ·
Hey, Hi and Hello.

Hey all, just bought my first ford period. I am normally a euro trash owner but well, expense vs driveabillity. So I heard these were fun to drive and they are. It was a surprise that it will do what it is clocked for (private track). I have an 07 white ZX (I think lol) Coupe.
Its got some issues, not a ton but enough that I needed to look some stuff up and found this forum. Very helpful indeed.
I don't mind a chat but I am no mechanic so please don't mind the ID10T questions. I will do my best to help you out with my limited knowledge.

Best,
Sean

#3,249 ·
PS to my answer in your other thread.

If the trans (manual) IS actually damaged, used ones from earlier Duratec engine Focus models WILL fit if the shifter mech (shift tower) at the trans is exchanged for the current model type - even the one from your current trans..

Gives a LOT more options for inexpensive replacement.

And for a PPS, if the shifter won;t move it into gear at all that's another problem entirely, covered in the General Tech Chat area stickie on the 'shift tower'.

#3,250 ·
Thanks again! I am copying and pasting all these answers so I am ready when the mechanic calls me. However they probably won't allow me to put anything used in it or it will void the warranty and it also has an expensive maintenance plan....they will make sure everything that goes in it is brand new Ford Focus parts... Anyway, I thank you very much for all your help in the other posts.

#3,251 ·
New Focus owner

Hi folks!

I just picked up a 2013 Focus SE Hatch, and I really love it!

Only problem is, on my way home the oil light came on...

I was just about home, so I finished the drive. I checked the oil level, and its fine (right at the top line).

I ran the vehicle health report with my phone plugged in and got this:

! Engine, Transmission & Emissions - Urgent Service Required
Indicates that there is a charging system fault.

OK Brakes & Suspension

OK Restraints & Driver Assistance

! Checks, Fluids & Filters - Urgent Service Required
Indicates the engine oil pressure is low.

i Scheduled Maintenance
Current maintenance mileage: 60,000
Next recommended maintenance: 80,000

! Field Service Actions
Notice # Description
14M01 TRANSMISSION CLUTCH SHUDDER / TRANSMISSION INPUT SHAFT SEAL WARRANTY EXTENSION
14M02 TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE

I am freaking out. I scheduled a visit to a ford dealer (got it from a Kia dealer 2 hours from my house). How screwed am I?

#3,252 ·
honestly, i wouldnt worry too much... the oil pressure being low is alittle odd, as is the charging system issue... but the trans is just under warranty until i think 100K miles or five years, so if it does shudder, its covered...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

#3,253 ·
Hi all. Used this great forum for answers before but first time posting. I've had the P2110 code on my 2006 Ford Focus LS so I replaced the throttle body. Now I'm getting a E196 DTC code on the dash self diagnostics test that wasn't there previously. Cars still a tad rough and The engine light is still on also. Tried battery resetting it , accelerator pedal push in slowly and releasing ect. Left car idling for ten minutes hoping CPU would learn new part. All to no prevail. Can someone please help me. Is there something I'm missing or a way to clear check engine light. I've been messing around with this issues for two weeks now. I'm gunna blow a gasket. ???
Thanks guys ??

#3,258 ·
Yo, a quick tip for you to keep driving it until you replace the thermosistor or pigtail (whichever failed): As long as your ac is charged and working, just run the ac anytime you have to go slow or sit still idling. The ac makes the other fan run and will keep the engine cool. I've been using my DD focus that way for 6 years with no problems. ;)

#3,255 ·
Long time lurker -- this site kept my 2003 ZX3 going when others said it couldn't. Decided it was time to join up.

Finally traded up, to a 2014 SE with Sport Package. Same color. But now, I have 4-doors to open, which really helps with the little-guys in the back seat.

Looking forward to a bunch more miles and adventures. First thing -- get the danged Microsoft SYNC to work. Errrrr.... @:-X

--Bob

#3,257 ·
Love / Hate this car

Hi, I found this site searching google for problems I had with my Focus. I ended up buying a 2002 ZX3 2.0L zetec with 150k miles as an only option to replace my chevy truck. The first time I drove this car I fell in love with the way it handled and how comfortable it is, for a small economy car.

I have a Long list of repairs I have made in the past 5 months. I have spent almost as much on repairs as I paid for the car. In any event, I love this car and hate how unreliable it is.

Now that I have finally ironed out the major problems with this car, I can now Focus on modding it.

Attachments

#3,259 ·
^^^Very good advice because this happened to me and I did this until I got the fan resistor replaced. Then on another focus it was the t-stat.

Also a small pinhole or crack in the coolant tank can have the same symptoms. I had this happen to me on yet one other focus I had lol.

Welcome to the forums. [cheers]

#3,261 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2016 5-DR Hatchback SE 2.0L I4 GDI Engine 5 spd(manual). Magnetic color outside charcoal black interior. It also has the SE sport package and 17" Machined Aluminum Wheels. This is the first focus ive ever had or driven for that fact, so i have no clue as to what parts i need to upgrade this baby. I dont know what a mk3 is or a duratech engine is, all i know is what it says on the paper work when i bought this one(the whole gdi engine). Id like to start with the intake and exhaust and go from there, i live in cali so i know the retarded rules but idc im leaving this state in a couple months anyways. I think this is an awesome sight and from some threads ive read very knowledgeable people. Thank you.

Attachments