Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#3,177 ·
Hello everyone, names Josh. Just got myself a 2013 Ford Focus SE sedan. Decided to join because I am planning on building this car as much as I can. Been told its a bad idea and to swap it for the ST but im past that as its not an option! So just joined to get some insite to the Focus world! Looking forward to some interesting posts!

#3,181 ·
Hoping for some help for my daughter.

Good morning.

I'm brand new here and joined at the suggestion of a friend. My daughter recently privately purchased a 2003 Ford Focus, after having her car stolen just before Christmas. She is a student and money is very tight. After having the car in the shop and quite a bit of work done to it when she bought it, it is now displaying some problems that are puzzling the mechanic where she lives.

It needs to warm up for 10 minutes before it will idle down, and if she tries to drive it before it does that it will actually not want to decelerate, even at stop signs.

I'm hoping to explore this forum to find a thread where I can ask some questions and try to help my daughter.

I would be very open to suggestions and any advice on how to proceed.

Thank you for the warm
welcome.

#3,182 ·
Best first step is to post your question in a NEW thread, using the General Tech Chat section.

Before doing so, it would help to use the info. in a 'stickie' at the top of that section to identify the engine in the car, so advice can apply to the right item.

Welcome to FF!

#3,183 ·
Hey, guys! Checking in from Hawaii!

New to the Focus gang! Picked up a used single-owner 5-speed 2014 Focus hatchback (Black Pack) with 23k miles, last week, for what I think was a pretty good deal from a BMW dealership. (My mom has a 2004 with almost 200k on it, that is still going strong, so I took that as a good sign that it would be a relatively reliable purchase. I'm coming from two Mazda3's, and was pleasantly surprised by how much smoother the Focus drove. Hoping to learn some stuff about these cars, and how to maintain it to maximize it's lifespan! So far, I'm loving it, besides a couple little issues I noticed. I'm planning to have them checked out next week. One of them being a slight, faint clatter/grind right before it starts up, and a light whining noise when in gear, under load, only noticeable with passenger window down and passing a wall, barrier, or parked cars. I have tendency to overthink stuff like this, so hopefully, it''s nothing serious, and if it an issue that is not normal to these cars, is covered under warranty...Anyways, happy to have found an active forum for the Focus, because I'm hoping to have it for a very long time!

Aloha!

#3,184 ·
New to the forum

Hello everyone. The names Adam and I own Fords exclusively. This comes from owning many cars that did not make the grade. I've had my old daily 2008 F150 since 2010 and 20k. I just recently picked up a 2005 Focus ZXW SES and I love it! The gas mileage is amazing and for such an under powered vehicle it has a fair bit of omph. I'm looking for any advice on suspension modifications, basic bolt on accessories, and where to find OE parts.

#3,185 ·
Hello everyone. The names Adam and I own Fords exclusively. This comes from owning many cars that did not make the grade. I've had my old daily 2008 F150 since 2010 and 20k. I just recently picked up a 2005 Focus ZXW SES and I love it! The gas mileage is amazing and for such an under powered vehicle it has a fair bit of omph. I'm looking for any advice on suspension modifications, basic bolt on accessories, and where to find OE parts.
Is the ZXW a manual? What color is it?

Welcome to the forums.

#3,186 ·
2003 Competition Orange SVT from Montana New Member!

Hello from Montana! Just picked up this 2003 Competition Orange SVT. It's in pretty decent shape too! Fairly rare car i been hearing from some people! I had no clue they were so sweet. Previous owner drove with brake/clutch fluid res unplugged mechanically and clutch is gone completely and brakes locked up on rear right . That being said I got a pretty good deal on it and I'm going to start here. Any advice or tips on my new project/toy would be awesome! Thanks Everyone! Glad to have another ford and an SVT at that.

More pics and stuff to come soon![clap]

Attachments

#3,190 ·
Hello from Montana! Just picked up this 2003 Competition Orange SVT. It's in pretty decent shape too! Fairly rare car i been hearing from some people! I had no clue they were so sweet. Previous owner drove with brake/clutch fluid res unplugged mechanically and clutch is gone completely and brakes locked up on rear right . That being said I got a pretty good deal on it and I'm going to start here. Any advice or tips on my new project/toy would be awesome! Thanks Everyone! Glad to have another ford and an SVT at that.

More pics and stuff to come soon![clap]
WOO HOO! Comp-O FTW!

Welcome. [drinking]

Here's a thread you might like. [clap]

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...-2002-2004-final-svtf-production-numbers.html

Also call 1.800.367.3788 M-F 8-5 EST...press 1...then give them the last 6 digits of your VIN# and you'll get your build # [drinking]

#3,192 ·
2004 Black and Blue " Denver skyline" Wagon SE. No racks on top, with wing off a zx3 from the junkyard, 18 inch dymno 10 karat rims, 245/35/18 tires, rolled an flared out fenders, black,blue,and white interior. Currently under construction of rebuilding front and rear suspension. 140k on her, she's been through a lot with me. 1 wreck, 3 windshields, back hatch, two front driver fenders, 3 hoods.

#3,193 ·

hey guys and girls just wanted to check in and say hey. I'm new to the website and replies to my posts would be greatly appreciated. I drive a 2002 focus SE that's silver with some dings in it from the previous owner and hail. trying to find a decent chat that can help "diagnose" my wonderful little car. didn't really hear about the website from anyone in particular just shot a question into google and clicked on what looked like the best one and it turned out to be this gem. anyways, here's the check-in!

#3,194 ·
I own a 2007 maroon ford focus zx5 w/manual everything. Currently has 67000 miles that only me and the wife put on it. 2 weeks ago she hit black ice on the freeway and dinged up the passenger rear bumper. I found this forum by searching online for a more reliable way to find a used focus with a bad motor. My insurance totalled mine out.

#3,195 · (Edited)
2014 Focus Hatch w/ sports trim

I just installed a FSWERKS Green Cool Air Intake. I also had the FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust installed Today. I would love feed back and ideas.

Thanks!

Attachments

#3,199 · (Edited)
That's OK. Lots of us are here to help. For a new thread in one of the areas you want to put it you just click on the "New Thread" button at the top left of the page. [cheers]

The main forum page has all of the different spots you can choose to post a new thread in.

I can't remember the rule, but I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can post a picture.

#3,200 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Brady, I'm from Southern California but I'm currently stationed in North Carolina. This is my 2016 Focus SE sport. So far I've painted the chrome around the grill black to give it that "ST" look. I've also plastidiped the front and back lip along with the focus emblem. I got the sweet SE logo from OfficialThreeTwenty and not pictured I also now have a 20% tint. I'm glad to be part of the group, I'd love to hear feedback from everyone! ??

Attachments

#3,201 · (Edited)
Hi, I found ff by researching more on my first car which was a liquid gray zx5 automatic. After 3 years of ownership and unable to afford an st or rs I decided to try to get an svt. Checked my local craigslist and happened to find a 2003 screaming yellow svt for 3300. Which is of course now mine! :) proudly in ownership as of a week now

Attachments