Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  14blackSE 
#1 ·
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]

#3,093 ·
New Guy here. I bought a 2003 ZX3 for my son. His first car. Its been a good car so far. I just changed out the power steering pump and in that process got into some other things like pressure washing the engine [ a big no no] and ruining the coil pack. Had to buy my first code reader to help find out why it would not start. The pump change was difficult but its on and not leaking.

#3,101 ·
Very nice! Looks unmolested from this angle.

Welcome to FF!

Now for the obligatory SVT owner warning - make SURE you know the timing belt condition & when it was last changed!

WAY too many change hands with this service due or overdue, and if it slips/strips/breaks you are facing head work to replace some valves at the MINIMUM for damages.

We typically recommend 80k now for a change interval, stretching it to the factory interval of 100k or so lets it go too long by age and often results in a failure.

Not beyond possibility that yours is original, unless there's documented evidence of a change.

#3,103 ·
Hello All

Just purchased my 2016 Focus SE Hatchback about a month ago. I came across this on the night I got my focus, because I was interested to see what all everyone has done to it. So far I've tinted the windows 20%, K&N filter, and the snorkel delete.

Planning on ordering some of the Rally Armor mud flaps as I'm thinking of going for a rally kind of look.

Attachments

#3,114 · (Edited)
Not a real ST. It's actually a 2004 PZEV 2.3 auto. I swapped the exterior to 2005-07 ST. I did a complete interior swap. It had the light graphite, and I changed it to dark charcoal SVT. I'll get some pics of it. I think it turned out great.

Attachments

#3,115 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new here and love my car. Reason why I love it: Cause I used to always design and draw cars and when I saw the Focus I thought to myself "Man, every line on this car is as I imagined it. It's like someone else shared my vision!"

White Focus 2013, Sedan S. Much plans for customizing the looks more, so far I've had the windows tinted to my legal limit. If anyone wants to chat HMU!

Things I'm looking at buying soon:
-Anzo DRL headlights (Not HID, I'm weary of having headlights that are too bright- my friend just got blinded and in an accident by someone's HID).
-O.Z. MSW Type 25 wheels OR ASA GT12 wheels from Tirerack. Someone help me pick!!!

#3,116 ·
Introduce myself !

Hey guys ! My name is Chris, first off I wanna thank everyone for welcoming me to the group, I've been in the car scene for a strong 7 years now, but it's my actual first ever American car and focus I've ever owned. I have a 2016 metallic grey Ford Focus st3 I'm very excited I've owned a 240sx, Nissan Sentra se-r, Honda Civic, Toyota tercel, Volkswagen Gli, and proud to say now my first focus and my first Ford ! I'm currently living in central California and I would really like to meet everyone and get some help with the new focus thanks guys!! [ffrocks][drinking][goofydrunk]