Focus Fanatics Forum banner

TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1

72K views 321 replies 82 participants last post by  dan burke 
#1 ·
Ford just released a TSB today for MFT. Offers an upgrade to version 3.5.1. The upgrade requires a new navigation card (level A4). TSB: PDF link. I, personally, haven't been having any major issues with my MFT to warrant an update (that could break things/make things worse) so I won't be testing it nor will I be taking my vehicle to the dealer for it. Unless there's an overwhelming amount of good reports on this version, then maybe I'll upgrade.

#2 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the link. Two of those things, voice recognition and call sound quality both took a drastic turn for the worse for me after installing 3.0.2. 3.2.2 didn't improve either of them. I'm going to call my dealership later today and see what they know about it.

#9 ·
I noticed this as well but decided to cancel it considering I don't have the new nav card. It we don't need a new one, I'll give it a shot.

#12 ·
Just got off the phone with the dealership and they didn't know anything about it. Parts dept is looking into the A4 card and is supposed to call me back. I keep trying to download but it keeps getting hung up. I hate my work internet connection.

#17 ·
Interestingly, my dealership said they would 'take a look at it' and see if I have any problems. Then it might take '2 hours' to do the install-but only if they find something wrong. It must suck if it will take that long if they can only bill Ford for .3 hours and an A4 card[facepalm]

I hate my Service Dept. I'm walking across the street to cancel my ESP right now.

#24 ·
How do they determine "problems", or something wrong? It claims to address concerns with voice recognition and fortunately my concerns with that are documented at the dealership after the 3.0.2 update. They better not give me hassle.

The .3 hours is probably pretty accurate for the actual labor. The other 1.7 hours they are talking about is probably the amount of time your car will just be sitting there, running and wasting gas, after they start the install.

#23 ·
Well, ESP paperwork completed. Now I wait the possible 2 hours for them to do the 20 min task...if they do it[facepalm]

Fwiw-I can relate to the fob deal. I love standing next to may car waiting to see if will unlock while people watch to see if I'm trying to break into it[thumb]

#25 ·
Installed. That was easy. Works SOOOO much better. I dont have A4 for navigation, but as the navigation was worthless before the update I don't feel much loss until it is installed. Everything now appears to work quickly, smoothly, and correctly.

My one complaint is why the car cant send data to ford when you come home, put in park, and it connects to yoru WiFi. Seems like that would be a good time to upload and car health data.

#30 ·
kingray (and anyone else who may have it installed), please check to see if using a USB device for music works. I just got off of the phone with my father and he had a pre-release version installed in his Lincoln MKX a couple weeks ago (he works for Ford with a company vehicle) and he said he could no longer play MP3s off of USB after the update. I'm not sure if this is the same version or not, I could not get him to confirm the version.

#28 ·
Is this update showing up in anyone's Syncmyride account or on the ETIS website for anyone? I want to just email my dealership about it and get the nav card in (I got the car back in June, sounds like all will need the updated nav card?) before I go ahead with the update and I am just looking for something official I can send over for them to see before scheduling...

#32 ·
My car is going in on the 14th for snow tires. I called and parts has the new maps card on order for me.

#37 ·
Wait so if I want this update installed since I need a new navi card and I'd like to have it for the time I'm there
How would I tell the parts department to order me one so I don't have to pay for it

#39 ·
Well I just updated. It's just like 3.0.2 with climate back (compared to 3.2.2) as far as I can tell (no navi here). It might be a little snappier but that was never a real complaint of mine. It hasn't crashed yet.

Pros:
Climate quarter panel works correctly
Voice control of climate works correctly
Bluetooth pairing seemed a lot faster than before

Cons:
Health report still doesn't work (fail on transmit every time)
Still buggy with my Zune HD: It indexes, then when I press next, it tells me to browse, rinse, repeat.

#265 ·
Cons:
Health report still doesn't work (fail on transmit every time)
What phone are you using, I have tested 3 HTC phones and none of them work consistently with Health Report or Sync Services.

Anyone else have this problem, for me it will work somewhat consistently for about 2 weeks after a clean new pair, then it works 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 times. so frustrating! (on 3.0.2)

#41 ·
I confused. I installed 3.2.2 (I have NAV) and it broke my climate controls, is this covered per the TSB to fix the climate controls. It this the BIG fix or will Ford post a new update on syncmyride.com? I’m assuming everyone with NAV will need to upgrade to A4, right?????

#42 ·
It's not a big fix, but it does fix climate controls if you were like me and waited around to avoid going to the dealership. The A4 card is not optional with this upgrade, but you will probably have to demonstrate some need for repair to get the card.

"C/S MFT is POS"

#43 ·
I just finished the install. It takes about 75 minutes. I did the master reset before the install as the TSB recommends.

Seems much smoother, and faster. And few new features to boot!

1. Auto pairing of my phone. I did not have to input a pin to pair the Bluetooth. The phone and Sync both displayed a pin and asked if it matched. Very nice!

2. I got an alert on the Information quad (No-Nav) about my Sirius sub being expired. Never saw that before.

As for USB music, mine works just fine. No issues playing MP3's.

I will report more if I notice anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.