Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 197 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #1961
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76519
What I Drive: 2007 SE/ 2003 EP3

FF Reputation: 1 NeverDie07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I thought this was the MK3 discussion boards. I'm not sure the MK1 had the DCT transmission that everyone's having problems with in this thread.

Sucks about your car though, digging your hatchback Si
It is, I'm just chiming in because it's all bull. Ford doesn't know how to make a good trans if it slapped them in the face.

I babbled a little but I was trying to get at was this isn't a new thing lol.

And thank you kindly!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1962
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113965
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Ford is the punchline.

The idiots like myself that bought one and are now stuck with it are the joke.

Mine's in the shop right now... expecting to receive a call this afternoon that they could not duplicate the problem and that the car is operating normally.

And I'll tell you what:

Nothing will make you realize just how messed up your Focus is like driving a different car for a while.

I don't particularly care for this Fusion I have as a rental...

But at least it keeps accelerating after it shifts to second gear (my Focus falls flat on its face as soon as it shifts to second).

It also is capable of other tricks my Focus can't do, like keeping up with traffic, and accelerating up a slight grade without downshifting.

I just called the service manager himself and bitched again. What does he say, "bring it in again". So I said "and just what are you going to find when I can't duplicate the issue at will, you ran the software 3 times and you REFUSE to admit that FORD sucks and won't admit there is an issue."

He was speechless more so after I told him about this board at the outset of my call because I didn't want to hear the bullshit.

In fairness to the dealers not that many deserve it but they don't know what to do since FORD is of no help to them in advising what they are supposed to do.

He blew smoke up my ass or so he thought by saying when I brought it in he would call FORD and see if there is anything new and run a diagnostic checkeagain.

He's done that 5 times and it never shows a problem or so he says.

I stand by what I stated earlier. The 2012 Focus is a giant turd that should be flushed.

And I'll add that FORD sucks for making us foot the bill for their failed experiment with a lousy trans.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1963
Focus Rookie

Anyone notice "Natasha" is missing? Probably the first time someone called her out and told her she's full of shit with her appeasement tactics.

FORD is probably doing a circle jerk right now trying to come up with a new strategy of appeasement.

The sad part is we are all onto to them but little we can do.

Where's all the attornies who are willing to file a class action suit? There sure is hell enough evidnce.

This board is indictment enough. Look at the multitude of similar problems.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #1964
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 3,311, Level 35
Points: 3,311, Level: 35 Points: 3,311, Level: 35 Points: 3,311, Level: 35
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 16 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
Or find another dealer if the one you are working with won't solve your problems?
This is the hardest thing for me. Transmission techs only work on the weekdays. I only work on the weekdays. I have a 50 mile commute (each way) and only one car. Do you suggest I just rent a car while it gets looked at?

Moreover, the dealership near my house is not much help. The dealership near my work is absolutely no help. I once drove some 30 miles to another dealer who still told me he couldn't replicate the issues at which point I paid $110 for his "diagnostics."

I'm not sure how many times I'm expected to do this, but if it's at least 7, it becomes cheaper for me to replace the clutch myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turks View Post
Anyone notice "Natasha" is missing? Probably the first time someone called her out and told her she's full of shit with her appeasement tactics.
Leave Natasha out of this; she's doing her job as well as she can. I had her contact my dealership once, the truth of the matter is she's great but has no pull/power when it comes to making the decision to fix the vehicle. That's the dealership's decision.

EDIT: And you're definitely not the first person to call her out.

We are all infuriated, but to accost anyone (especially a lady) over something she can't control is just rude.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #1965
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96410
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 wntrwhte Good Standing Member
I'm infuriated with my car.

The lemon law in MA is only up to 15k miles. The problem didn't really become a problem until it got hot here in June. Now all of a sudden I am grinding left and right and it sounds like my transmission is being shredded.

Every time I call the dealership, I get "well you know the grinding noise is normal" and it doesn't help that I'm a girl, so they all try to talk me out of it.

It is NOT normal for your car to make a prolonged, metallic grinding noise. Ever.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1966
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,311, Level 35
Level Up 74% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrwhte View Post
I'm infuriated with my car.

The lemon law in MA is only up to 15k miles. The problem didn't really become a problem until it got hot here in June. Now all of a sudden I am grinding left and right and it sounds like my transmission is being shredded.

Every time I call the dealership, I get "well you know the grinding noise is normal" and it doesn't help that I'm a girl, so they all try to talk me out of it.

It is NOT normal for your car to make a prolonged, metallic grinding noise. Ever.
Tell me about it.

Mine started around 20k miles and I've been dealing with it for a year and half and an additional 39k miles. Well past lemon-ability, but not past me pursuing a lawsuit.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #1967
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
This is the hardest thing for me. Transmission techs only work on the weekdays. I only work on the weekdays. I have a 50 mile commute (each way) and only one car. Do you suggest I just rent a car while it gets looked at?

Moreover, the dealership near my house is not much help. The dealership near my work is absolutely no help. I once drove some 30 miles to another dealer who still told me he couldn't replicate the issues at which point I paid $110 for his "diagnostics."

I'm not sure how many times I'm expected to do this, but if it's at least 7, it becomes cheaper for me to replace the clutch myself.

Leave Natasha out of this; she's doing her job as well as she can. I had her contact my dealership once, the truth of the matter is she's great but has no pull/power when it comes to making the decision to fix the vehicle. That's the dealership's decision.

EDIT: And you're definitely not the first person to call her out.

We are all infuriated, but to accost anyone (especially a lady) over something she can't control is just rude.

You're an idiot and can't see the nose on your face. Do you need Natasha to call your dealer or are you just stupid?

I doubt anyone needs her to do the obvious. Well except you.

She's an appeasor who puts nonsense out there. Nonsense like I'll call your dealer. BFD, I can call FORD myself.

You obviously are clueless and should aim your anger at FORD not at someone pointing out the frutility of expecting Natasha to help.

You just said it. She can't do much so move on and get a clue. I assume God gave you a mouth and a brain. Try using them. Do you need a lady to fight your battles? If she can't do much then I may as well do it myself.

Hey dope do you always call people to help you who have no pull? YOUR words, not mine.

FAIL! Try being a hero when you know what you're talking about. Rude? Yeah she gives you an 800 number and an email address. WOW! that's real help..NOT!

Get back to work you FORD shill!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #1968
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,311, Level 35
Level Up 74% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Quote:
If she can't do much then I may as well do it myself.
Then stop bitching online and do it.

Quote:
Get back to work you FORD shill!
FYI, I recommended my coworker purchase a WRX instead of the ST after my ordeal. I would have done the same for you had you asked me before you purchased it.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #1969
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96410
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 wntrwhte Good Standing Member
Well, okay. I guess I am not as infuriated as that guy.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1970
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Then stop bitching online and do it.

FYI, I recommended my coworker purchase a WRX instead of the ST after my ordeal. I would have done the same for you had you asked me before you purchased it.
First of all you admonish the other poster and stick your nose in his business. What business is it of yours whether he posts the same thing 1000 times?

Then you admonish me and act like a hero trying to protect Natasha who you self admit is of no help.

Then you say something stupid like why am I bitching here.

Doh! That's what this place is for to commiserate about what crap Ford produces.

As far as you recommending what to buy what makes you so presumptuous to think I need your advice.

The only reason I bought this POS Ford is because my daughter wanted it and she paid for it AGAINST my advice NOT to buy a FORD.

So do you have a point? I'm quite happy with my Lexus, Hyundai, Kia and Mazda. Anything else you would like to stick your two cents into?

As to bitching on line, hopefully others wont fall for FORD's bullshit about having a car adjust to a human. It's bogus and about the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard of but I see you drank their Kool-Aid. People adjust to cars not vice-versa especially since the same person doesn't always drive it.

I also hope that those that experience issues early on sue FORD under the lemom law or short of that unload the garbage they sell as fast as possible. If they wait until the warranty expires they will be stuck with big repair bills and a car worth even less.

Did the imaginary Natasha get you a new vehicle? No? Then you could have gotten any repair work done all by yourself. FORD put her here for public relations purposes. You didn't need her. I assume you're a big boy or girl.

Next time you use the word acost look up it's meaning first.

Here it is:

1. To approach and speak to boldly or aggressively, as with a demand or request. 2. To solicit for sex

Care to expalin how I acosted her and confronted her from a few thousand miles away and all while never having addressed her directly?

Anything else?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.