Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Matte White Overlay

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  thejordan 
#1 ·
Played around a little this week with vinyl overlays. The process as most of you know is 100% reversible. I did a few pcs in a gloss white which was way to bright. The matte white is much more subdued. The car is white BTW.

I know its not for everyone but hey it not everyone's car either.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like the OEM white trim which works well. [thumb] Very nice.

I personally had a bit of an issue with the finish on my SE's trim being damaged when removing vinyl, but I was taking it off for paint anyway so it was moot. That factory silver was pulled off in one spot by the vinyl.

#18 ·
We just bought a yard of vinyl film and went to town. For anyone doing this, the AC Control Panel is a PITA to wrap. Hair dryer is a must to get it pulled nice and tight.

Looks good! I have some matte orange vinyl laying around that I'm going to do the same thing with (will match my wheels). Just need to find time and energy to do it.
I would love to see a matte orange. Sounds sick. Any pics of the wheels?

#15 ·
OK guys quick update. After being in the heat today some of the film on the ac control panel has peeled up. SO what I suggest is if you do this when you wrap your panels glue this edges on the back side to avoid this. I will be unwrapping mine on saturday and rewrapping them. Not a huge deal but sucks that I have to spend 2 more hours doing this all over.

LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.