Change steering wheel controls?
do these just pry out? its driving me nuts that the volume controls are on the right side of the steering wheel. 2012 titanium. getting my laminate replaced on my steering wheel at ford this coming week and will be moving controls after.
anyone have a steering wheel diagram?
One needs to be careful with the airbag as others have said about removing your steering wheel as well.Though i would like a diagram for the same.
bmw floor mats
!!!IMPORTANT WHEN REMOVING/WORKING AROUND AIRBAGS!!! Remove the negative battery terminal and wait a couple minutes. (Ford documentation says to wait one minute.)
Accessing Steering Wheel Controls -
1. Lower the steering column to its lowest setting.
2. Remove the Torx screw on the top of the upper steering column shroud.
3. Turn the wheel 90° and undo a clip for the upper steering column shroud.
4. Turn the wheel 180° the other way and undo the other clip.
5. Remove the upper steering column shroud and position it out of the way.
6. With the wheel still at 90°, you will now be able to access a round hole on the back of the wheel. This provides access to a spring member than retains the airbag unit. Insert a flat blade screwdriver. You need to get between the spring member and its stop, so bias the screwdriver blade towards the steering column axis during insertion. When it's all the way in, twist it 90° to release the latch and pull on the airbag unit. This wasn't easy. You need a screwdriver with a small enough shaft to maneuver in the hole but a wide enough blade to disengage the latch when you twist it. I had to file one down.
7. Rotate the wheel 180° the other way and unlatch the other side.
8. Remove the airbag unit enough to access the connectors.
9. Disconnect the connector for the steering wheel controls.
10. Disconnect the two airbag connectors. You must pry up an orange locking mechanism to remove them, they look fragile at first, but they do come up.
Hope this helps.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.