Focus Fanatics Forum banner

anybody have door sill guards?

7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  schrodingersbox 
#1 ·
just wondering if anybody has installed any S.S. door sill guards on their Mk3? i've seen a few different styles on ebay... i'd be happy to see any pics of yours and also any information of where you got them and how much...

thanks!

#3 ·
well, unfortunately there aren't too many choices... i seen one or two styles on ebay that i kinda liked but there is no way i'm going to send my C.C. information over the internet to China or Hong Kong... just curious about what others have done...

i think i did see on ebay they had illuminated ones but i guess i can't be sure they were for a Mk3 or not...?

#6 ·
that was actually the set i liked the best... please do post some pics after install along with any additional comments about quality, fit, and finish... thanks a lot!

#8 ·
I ordered mine from PartsCheap along with the engine cover, both OEM: http://www.partscheap.com/Default.asp

We have a couple of options on eBay but I really didn't like the look of most of them. The OEM version seems to have more quality than others. The downside is that we just have it for the front doors. But from my point of view is not really a problem.

Installed them myself this weekend on my car and it looks very good!

The installation was easy, just required a little bit of patience to measure both sides to align them on the same spot.

I will take some pictures this week and post here!

Really recommend it. [thumb]

#22 ·
I was trying to figure these out, they go over the plastic trim inside of the car. Most of the other ones cover the metal body of the car outside of the door seal gasket. I think it would be overkill to have both, and I would rather have the ones that go on the outside of the car. I would want to see them installed on a car before buying.

#26 ·
I would think its a harder material whether or not its rubber. In all honesty I wouldnt bank on it lasting a long time. The plus side is that even if it does come off, whatever backing tape is on the underside of the sill likely has enough cushion in it to prevent any kind of contact or damage. Any contact probably wouldnt even do anything to the car's body anyways.

bottom line...dont stress over it

#27 ·
So rather than make a new thread, I'll revive this one. Door sills have always seemed a potentially tasteful interior mod, and since the last post of this thread I think a fair number of options and years have come through. Can anybody share their experiencs? Particularly anyone who is using illuminated door sills, even if it isn't on a Focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.