Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Weathertech floor liners

16K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Heartofgold 
#1 ·
........are friggin' sweet and seem to be the best for the money but that money is many but I did find a whole set including rear hatch for $280 on Amazon or I can go with a complete OEM all weather set for about $170 shipped on ebay. The Huskys aren't too bad but a bit too wrinkly around the edges for me.

Any other options?

#3 ·
Just put in the Weathertechs, from front to back in my 5 door and took out the factory winter mats. The coverage of the weathertech floormats is much better especially the back seat as the hump is covered. I do wish that the driver's mat covered the entire dead pedal area, but this one covers way more than the factory mats. The cargo linser is great and fits well.

BTW, have a set or 4 factory winter mats for sale, used for 1000 miles, like new condition.

#9 ·
Check on Amazon and they have some good pics. Just punch in 2012 Focus and there's already decent accesories available.

I want the Weathertechs in the car but the OEM rear mat looks decent and is about $40 cheaper than the Weathertech.
I'm also looking at the rubber sill plate for the rear hatch since that paint right there will take a beating.

#22 ·
#29 ·
See these pictures of the Husky liners: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3732005&postcount=9

See how the mat covers up high on the left side of the driver's mat, near the hood release, where your left foot would rest? This is the "dead pedal" area. The Weathertech mats only cover about half of that area, so if you rest your foot there, half of your foot will be resting on carpet rather than the liner.

Compare those Husky pictures to this picture of the Weathertech, and hopefully you'll see what I mean:

#30 ·
Ahh I gotcha, they are the same way in my truck, I was a little dissapointed that they didn't add another 4" to that area. Although in my truck It already has enforced rubber pad in that location unlike the metro.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if that is enough of an issue to persuade me one direction over the other.

$280 seems like too much though....

#33 ·
I bought the Weathertech fronts only for my 2013 ST, $100. Doesn't cover the top few inches of the dead pedal but I'm just using a small amount of "carpet protector" to handle that.

I don't snap the driver's side onto the hold-down pegs as this makes it too difficult to remove. It sits in place just fine without snapping down.

I'm in and out of my car all day with muddy boots (construction sites are not car friendly) and the mat takes all of the abuse, unlike my last focus where I had mats that covered just the floor and not the sides. The driver's side also extends way forward to protect the carpet under the pedals. This is especially helpful for keeping the carpet clean under the clutch and accelerator pedals where they get pressed all the way down on a regular basis.

#34 ·
I picked up my set of WeatherTechs today. I decided that it was worth the money to buy a set seeing as my normal winter mats seem to go missing every year and the fits-all-makes never seem to fit right in my car.

I checked the Huskey Liners but decided that the WeatherTechs gritty texture looks nicer. I might keep them in all year seeing as they don't really look out of place. I bought the front set only seeing as its rare I have anybody in the back seat. $130 (CDN$) all in, including shipping and took about 5 business days to ship.

#37 ·
I got mine when i bought my car. I got them on craigslist from a guy that sold his 2012. 90 bucks for the fronts and the backs :D The rear ones are connected so its one continuous piece. I have had these in every car i own. The best weather mats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.