Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dash board cover

9K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  13ingothatch 
#1 · (Edited)
I have black interior, which I really like. Until the sun has warmed it up and turned the large dash board into a heat sink. I can feel the heat coming off it. If it's not hot outside I like to drive without the AC on.
So I bought a dash board cover to try to keep the cabin temps down.
Light grey should do the trick.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dollar Bill,

From whom did you purchase your dashboard cover?

Does it interfere with the air bags system?

Looks good.

Thank you.

#4 ·
^^^ Thats the one.
It would not interfere with air bag, it would just lift up when the bag inflates.
I haven't placed the velcro tabs that hold it in place yet, but I'm sure they won't stop an air bag either.
On the road yesterday, and the dash cover barely got warm in the hot sun. It works!

#7 ·
Ross, what brand is yours? I like the cut on that one better than the Dash Designs brand.

#10 ·
I have black interior, which I really like. Until the sun has warmed it up and turned the large dash board into a heat sink. I can feel the heat coming off it. If it's not hot outside I like to drive without the AC on.
So I bought a dash board cover to try to keep the cabin temps down.
Light grey should do the trick.
I have the same one, for the same reason. The heat just radiates off the dash, even on days that aren't so hot, when it sits in the sun. Mine fit so well, I haven't even attached the velcro. It really minimizes the dust look on a black dash, and can just be shaken off occasionally [giddy]

#13 ·
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The speaker in the dash is pretty bad, and some have even disconnected it to get better stereo separation. I doubt you'll notice decline in the sound of your system. If fact, it might sound better if the mat actually blocks some of the sound. [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.