Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sylvania ZXE Headlights and Fogs. Pics

68K views 111 replies 55 participants last post by  Kent253 
#1 ·
I know many of you think it's a waste of money buying this bulb or that bulb that claims to be brighter than stock or whatever but I just would like to share my pictures in case someone wants to go this route. I have tried HID's with issues so I took them out after only 2 weeks.

These are the H11 ZXE bulbs from Sylvania. Pricey but so far they are pretty nice compared to OEM. I only have about 30 minutes of use from these in the pictures so far. They say a color of "up to 4,300k" and have a 12-month warranty.

Before with 6,000k HID Fogs:

After with all of the Sylvania ZXE's:

OEM Low beam only:

ZXE Low beam only:

ZXE Low beam and fogs:

ZXE Low beam and OEM High beam:

Down road before and after: (I have more but need to get them off my phone)

See less See more
#83 ·
Low beams and fogs still going strong for me. Very surprised at the life so far. I drive home from work using them 5-6 times a week x 52 weeks in a year and numerous other trips at night.

#80 ·
I've been researching these for a few months now trying to make sure I actually want them. I was trying to compare them to all the other brands that boast of a 4000K style bulb. I feel that the PIAAs are too pricey at $60+ but I can get a pair of these at Amazon for less than $40. Is that worth the upgrade appearance wise (and possibly performance wise) over stock?

#82 ·
I bought them to make up for the 7% tinted film on my headlights. I don't go for dime store tuner bullsit. These didn't disappoint. They are brighter and whiter. My only concern is how long they will last. I'll let you know when one blows.

#92 ·
Thanks Ox-y-gen for the good photos of your switch. That sold me on them hook line and sinker. I've got a full set of ZXE's (lows, highs & fogs) at home waiting for me to install [clap].

The yellow hue of the stock lights bothered me and seeing how white yours look made it a no brainer.

#93 ·
Can you run these lights both on the headlights and the fogs?

#95 ·
Unless this has already been mentioned, one caveat: KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!
Due to many reporting premature failure (under one year in some cases), they do have a one year replacement warranty. I have had mine for almost that long and they run at reduced intensity as DRL's in Canada.

#96 ·
Headlights still running strong. Still looking into then option of HIDs when RDC starts to carry projector headlights. Not fond of the eBay Chinese headlights that burn out in an instant. But these are perfect for now.

#100 ·
Just went to auto zone and picked these up for $40.xx they are fantastic looking and brighten up the road a lot better than oem definitely not blue which makes me happy !!thank you

#102 ·
Assuming you just mean swapping the bulbs in the fog lights, it's quite simple. Just like changing the bulbs in the headlights only a little harder to reach. Your best bet is to remove the screws holding the headlights in place and move the headlights out of your way, then you should be able to reach down below where the headlight was and get at the fog lights with no problem. I actually didn't even need to unplug the headlights, i was able to move them out of the way enough without ever unplugging it and had the highs, lows, and fogs swapped out in 20 min. or less.

#103 ·
Very cool! Personally I think you'd have to be on drugs to want 6000k bulbs....you lose any contrast, including when illuminating DEER. Looks like a nice alternative to HIDs, although I know HIDs can be warm/neutral temps as well.

#104 ·
I know this an older thread, but as I read the whole thing because I was curious about others experience with these lights I figures others might as well.

I have been running ZXE bulbs in my wife's Cobalt for almost two years now. In that time she has been through two sets. Getting Sylvania to honor the warranty is no trouble at all so that is something. When the first bulb went out I just bought a second set and swap them out one at a time and when I get two bad ones I call and get replacements.

My father has also had these in his Fusion for about a year and had one blow on him already. So while they are great looking bulbs and easily an upgrade over most cars stock, in my experience they have a much shortened lifespan. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.