Front seat headrest angle - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #31
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 150994
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus SE

Points 272, Level 5
Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 Buildist Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am so glad to have found this topic. My wife is 4' 11" and has the same issue with the headrests. I'm going to have to shop the "yards" for the Job 2 headrests. That will take care of it!!

Steve
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #32
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Points 2,478, Level 30
Points: 2,478, Level: 30 Points: 2,478, Level: 30 Points: 2,478, Level: 30
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
I know this is from the rear headrest, it's from the 2014 European Focus for sale in MX. My buddy just bought one, I'm gonna try to take a look at the front headrest and take a picture, maybe you can use it

Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 AM   #33
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 206002
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Sport DCT

Points 61, Level 1
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 2 Downunder Good Standing Member
Here's a great link explaining why the headrest position is all wrong and causing people to have back problems in lots of cars, including luxury cars!

www.allocca.com/papers/Headrest.pdf

A solution is to install a headrest DVD player such as this one from Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyle-PL71P...Black/12515954

Note that the seat insert poles are straight, just like they used to be so you can sit comfortable and properly in the seat. All well as keeping the people in the back seat entertained you increase the value of your car plus have a headrest which does not cause a headache and backache.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:06 AM   #34
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 206002
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Sport DCT

Points 61, Level 1
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 2 Downunder Good Standing Member
Here's how I installed my DVD headrest.

I bought an Atrons 7" HD705 twin headrest kit.

http://xtrons.com/hd705-7-inch-in-ca...d-players.html

The main reason I bought this model was that you could connect the cigarette lighter connector cable direct to the headrest under the hidden panel when you wanted to use it and remove it when you didn't instead of hard wiring it to the car's power and having to work out what power wires to connect to and dismantling the console etc to do it.

The other reason I bought it is that unlike many of the other headrests I could connect a wired headset to the player. It can like all the rest connect an IR headset, plus connect to the radio via FM.

Select your tool to feed the power/video cable down the back of the seat.

I used a plastic cable puller like the one below. (snake)

http://www.cablemagic.com.au/most-po...ow-tongue.html

I selected this over using something like a wire coat hanger as I didn't want it to puncture/rip the seat fabric as I was poking around guiding the cable.

The great thing about the HD705 head rest is that it has lots of plastic pole insert adaptors eg 14 and 16mm. Unfortunately the size you need is 15mm. So before I started I hand sanded the 16mm adaptor until it fit in the headrest hole. The positive side to this is that I could custom make the adaptor so it had a tight snug fit so the headrest did not move around and rattle. Nothing worse than a rattle right next to your head while you are driving. It did take me some time to sand. Once this was done the rest of the installation was pretty quick.

Steps

1) Tape string draw wire to the snake (cable puller) with electrical tape about 30cm/12 inches from the end you are going to insert in the seat.
2) Bend top of snake, about 15cm/6 inches from the end you are going to push into the seat.
3) Get in back seat and lower the seat towards you
4) Take out headrest
5) Push snake down seat hole which has the cable in the headrest
6) Poke around so the snake end goes between the seat gap and the rear seat fabric. It took me a few goes at trying the snake end at different angles. When you get it right you can see the snake end pushing on the fabric on the back of the seat near the top. When this happens reach up from under the fabric from the bottom of the seat.
7) Pull snake out the back seat. This will draw the string draw line through too.
8) When the end of the snake get near the end, ie about to exit the seat, slide the plastic adaptors over the headrest rods, tie the string to the end of the headrest cable to draw it through. Put some electrical tape to help too. Don't make it too big as it will get struck as you pull it through.
9) Pull the snake with the headrest cable into the seat and out the seat bottom. You make need some help to push the headrest inserts into the seat/push the headrest into place while you are pulling the cable through.
10) Disconnect the snake/string and electrical tape from the headrest cable
11) Put the end of the cable safely somewhere at the bottom of the seat in case you want to connect it to the cable adaptor which has the video in and out plus bar power cables
12) Plug your cigarette power cable to the headrest and to the power socket
13) Put in a DVD/SD card or USB with a Xvid movie (it was not clear like many of these type of players that the video format is Xvid.
14) Enjoy a movie.
15) Impress the other half on how comfortable the Focus seats are now and how good looking the new headrests are and not to mention the smile of the kids faces when they see what you have done.
16) Enjoy driving your Focus even more in comfort! No more back and neck ache!

Last edited by Downunder; 01-31-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #35
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 220546
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw123 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildist View Post
I am so glad to have found this topic. My wife is 4' 11" and has the same issue with the headrests. I'm going to have to shop the "yards" for the Job 2 headrests. That will take care of it!!

Steve
I bought a 2015 car for over 2 weeks now. love the car, bu the headrest position gives me a soar neck. I ran into this website, and I'm tempting to do it!
http://www.usedcarsmells.com/how-to-...eadrest-angle/

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.