Intermittent Problems - Duel Zone Climate Control - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Fan#: 292729
Location: Chicago, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 2
Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Jordon_N Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Intermittent Problems - Duel Zone Climate Control

My duel zone climate control system on my 2012 Focus sometimes has a mind of its own. About 70% of the time the system works fine, but the other 30% of the time the system will begin to blow hot air at full blast after about 15 minutes of travel, even on a hot day with the AC on. When this happens the air coming out of the vents is as hot as it would be on 'HI'. The only way I've found to remedy the problem is to turn the dial all the way down to 'LO' (putting it on 60 doesn't help). At that point the air begins to blow cool. Once this has happened, the only way to keep the HOT air from coming out is to keep the system on 'LO' until the next day.

This posses a problem in the spring and fall when 'LO' is too low, and the hot air is too warm. I haven't taken this into my service center yet since they needed to keep the car overnight and they didn't have a good idea of what the problem could be. The labor to begin to diagnose this problem starts at around 200 dollars so I'd like to be able to point them in a possible direction.

At first thought it sounds like a sensor but the fact the the system works fine the rest of the time has me scratching my head. The blend door is operating since it works most of the time and setting the system to 'LO' returns the air to cool.

Any thoughts or troubleshooting advice will be very appreciated


Jordon_N is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 5,887
Points 8,754, Level 63
Points: 8,754, Level: 63 Points: 8,754, Level: 63 Points: 8,754, Level: 63
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon_N View Post
My duel zone climate control system on my 2012 Focus sometimes has a mind of its own. About 70% of the time the system works fine, but the other 30% of the time the system will begin to blow hot air at full blast after about 15 minutes of travel, even on a hot day with the AC on...
Welcome to the community, Jordon_N!

My name is Tricia, and Iím one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. I recommend taking your vehicle to a Ford Dealer to get diagnosed. Please make an appointment here, and let me know when itís scheduled. Be sure to private message (PM) me your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime phone number. Iíll be happy to look into available options to assist at that time!

Tricia
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FordService is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Fan#: 292729
Location: Chicago, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 2
Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Jordon_N Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks, Tricia

I'll let you know when I finally do take it in. I'd like to have a direction to point them in since they seemed confused by my description and it would be difficult to recreate the problem unless you drive it for over a half hour. I may have to bite the bullet and leave it with them for a couple days which is what they indicated the last time I mentioned it to them.
Jordon_N is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 5,887
Points 8,754, Level 63
Points: 8,754, Level: 63 Points: 8,754, Level: 63 Points: 8,754, Level: 63
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon_N View Post
Thanks, Tricia

I'll let you know when I finally do take it in...
Youíre very welcome, Jordon_N.

Please keep me posted, and enjoy your weekend!

Tricia
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FordService is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.




 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1