Dealership Email Surveys - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 192385
What I Drive: 2014 Blue Candy SE Sport Hatchback

Points 105, Level 2
Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Paradoxmaker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dealership Email Surveys

Sorry for the long rant.

Well i just found out that the someone actually does read those dealership surveys that I keep getting in my Email after taking my car in for service. Just got off the phone with the service manager and he'd like to see me based on the comments i wrote in the survey.

I just had my '14 focus in for the 2nd time over transmission issues (the usual shuddering and such) and the service dept reflashed the TCM and PCM (again) and said it was ready to pick up. Picked the car up and it seems OK for now. The issue that generated my service response however has to do with my cars treatment during it's time in the service dept.

As some may have seen from other threads I have a dash cam which i mentioned when making the comments in the survey. I've got it wired into the fuses so it only comes on when the ignition is switched ON. When i got home i pulled the footage just to see how the service went and i have to say i was really disappointed.

After dropping the key off at the service counter the camera starts recording and then just sits there in front of the service dept for 15 min unattended with the key in the ignition. Once it is finally picked up and driven to the back the person driving it parks the car and starts watching Dragonball Z episodes on his phone and possibly taking a nap (sure sounds like snoring on the video) for at least 15 min. I don't know how long total that goes on since the car was apparently shut off ending the video BEFORE the person gets out of the car.

To top it off the Test drive/relearn has the driver running a red light (gonna be watching the mail for a possible red light ticket on this one), spotting a cop and slowing down and then flooring it as soon as the cop passes, and going what i'm sure was WAY over the speed limit in a residential neighborhood.

I know that as an owner we do a lot of these very same things every day the difference to me is IT"S MY CAR. If I trash it it's my fault and i'll take the consequences of those actions. If i drop it off and intrust it to a professional agency it is not up to them to treat my vehicle poorly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Hammer Down

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 16,449, Level 82
Points: 16,449, Level: 82 Points: 16,449, Level: 82 Points: 16,449, Level: 82
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 92 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Devil's advocate.

So you caught someone goofing off for 15 min., then maybe doing this:2011+ Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Clutch Shudder FIX To Try At Home without taking time to get to a good location for it.

Can't see the red light, so no comment.

Service Mgr. would like to know about goofing off, and possible unsafe driving, so he'd like to see it & extend an apology in pymt. for the info..

No problems resulted, so you're OK this time.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

Points 29,733, Level 99
Points: 29,733, Level: 99 Points: 29,733, Level: 99 Points: 29,733, Level: 99
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 21 wavsine Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Devil's advocate.

So you caught someone goofing off for 15 min., then maybe doing this:2011+ Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Clutch Shudder FIX To Try At Home without taking time to get to a good location for it.

Can't see the red light, so no comment.
What? If the OP is on the level, the behavior of that tech is totally unacceptable.

Period.

3 pedals and a stick
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Hammer Down

Points 16,449, Level 82
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
I edited a little to add some while you were typing, note the first line - "Devil's Advocate".

Not "defending" per se, just thought of some explanations that fit the scenario for everything but the red light we can't see.

Hardly an exhaustive list, but most have possible explanations. Could be innocent, could be inappropriate for each case.

Key on 15 min. after access, imagine given the car to move then being buttonholed for a conversation that gets longer than expected.

Goof off after moving it, could be break time or waiting for access to tools with no other job practical to do when waiting. (like needs to sit there in line for access)

Hard driving, posted a link to one possible reason. Access to a good location for that can be limited by Dealer location. Only pulled over once for that myself when working on Cycles (low limit country road), having a service road with no traffic at the Dealer I worked at longest helped. 30 limit, used regularly for quick zooms to 60+ and back down fast. Seldom an hour to spare for access to a good higher speed road for extended testing, when a long test isn't needed cheating by squeezing a quick one in on a local road is common.

Just throwing out possible explanations that aren't as inappropriate as it looks at first glance. Could all be stupid BS activity, could have explanations the customer wouldn't want to hear.

S.R. #275
Old 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Points 105, Level 2
Level Up 10% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
I edited a little to add some while you were typing, note the first line - "Devil's Advocate".

Not "defending" per se, just thought of some explanations that fit the scenario for everything but the red light we can't see.

Hardly an exhaustive list, but most have possible explanations. Could be innocent, could be inappropriate for each case.
Very true, i realize there could be extenuating circumstances people get delayed, you get called away, but the visit taken as a whole they left me feeling distru****l of the dealership. And since this is the 1st car i have ever purchased from an actual dealership i have to say i expected a little better than what i would get from a side of the road used car place or regular old general service shop.
I debated saying anything on the survey or even not answering it at all but i guess the more i thought about it the more perturbed i got so i answered honestly and provided background containing no more or no less than what i have proof of on my video.

Quote:
Key on 15 min. after access, imagine given the car to move then being buttonholed for a conversation that gets longer than expected.

Goof off after moving it, could be break time or waiting for access to tools with no other job practical to do when waiting. (like needs to sit there in line for access)
Your right, they could of been called away or delayed by a conversation with someone, determining that isn't my call. I don't know about you but even if i just started the car I never ever leave the keys in the car if i have to get out and run back inside a building even for a min or 2 even when i was driving beaters. I guess i'm just plain distrusting of people. I didn't like that my car was left for 15 min, key in the ignition (unlocked since they only had the 1 key) in the front driveway of the service dept where anyone could just get in and drive away. This has been a concern ever since my 1st time in the service shop. They don't seem to secure or verify ownership of the vehicles when giving them back. Shortly after i bought the car I was picking it up the guy bringing my car to the front almost let another person drive off in my car. He pulls up, a woman walks up and he just hands her the keys without checking anything and she got in and started it up, I had to yell at them that it was my car not hers.

Also i'm not sure if it's a law anywhere else in the US but I know here in Fort Worth it is illegal to leave your keys in a vehicle.

As for the goofing off. I could care less if the guy was goofing off. Everyone goofs off on the job from time to time. Doing it in a customers car with it idling for 15min using their gas is not the place for it IMO. As for waiting for access, I don't think that was an issue. The video of the parking cuts off at 10:06 and the car wasn't turned back on and moved into the shop bay until 1:42. If he was just waiting then he got one hell of a nap.

Quote:
Hard driving, posted a link to one possible reason. Access to a good location for that can be limited by Dealer location. Only pulled over once for that myself when working on Cycles (low limit country road), having a service road with no traffic at the Dealer I worked at longest helped. 30 limit, used regularly for quick zooms to 60+ and back down fast. Seldom an hour to spare for access to a good higher speed road for extended testing, when a long test isn't needed cheating by squeezing a quick one in on a local road is common.

Just throwing out possible explanations that aren't as inappropriate as it looks at first glance. Could all be stupid BS activity, could have explanations the customer wouldn't want to hear.
IDK, I have 2 videos now of relearn test drives and the latest one was a far cry from what was performed the 1st time. Not only was it substantially shorter (12 miles vs 6 miles) the general driving behavior of the 2nd one just seems to be less "Lets do this and see if it works" and more "Lets get this over with".

Like i said, if it was just one of the things mentioned i probably would of blew this off and not said anything but with all the things together
Old 05-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #6
Hammer Down

Points 16,449, Level 82
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Sounds rather half-assed & slap-dash from the description, and your further comments give more details pointing that way.

Overall not well organized, it's better to have a "lot person" bring the car up to the Service check in area where a customer can show their receipt & the service adviser can go over any details/questions with the customer before they leave.

Short on people, not careful to follow procedures all the time, I can see keys getting tossed to anyone avail. with only the instruction to "bring it up front for the customer".

Plenty of nits to pick on how it should be done, for the leaving it out front I was actually thinking of the odd possibility of some "lot person" or mechanic sticking the keys in & maybe not even starting it when buttonholed right there for a long conversation - just out of camera view.

Maybe I was too nit-pickin' when running a small service area at a Cycle shop, but even when back logged with a number who were picking up at once I had people who could access keys & grab bikes for delivery who knew enough to check receipts for anyone they didn't know well - then answer questions or politely ask them to wait if it needed my attention after dealing with the current customer I was talking to.

Normal routine was to get a bike ready & running as soon as a customer came in to pick it up, while they were up front taking care of the bill. Only time that wasn't possible was when they entered from the showroom & we didn't see them before they got back to us with the paid bill in hand. (didn't always get a heads up call fast enough, communications failure)

DO hate the bad rep. service can get when not well run/organized, even if the work itself was done correctly.

P.S. - good to give actual feedback on that survey, they CAN be used to good purpose to improve operations.

S.R. #275
Old 06-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Points 105, Level 2
Level Up 10% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
P.S. - good to give actual feedback on that survey, they CAN be used to good purpose to improve operations.
Well just a followup, i was contacted by 3 different service managers and apologized to multiple times. I gave them copies of the videos and they confronted the service tech and porter (guys who parks the cars) with the video and both fessed up and "felt remorse" for the treatment of a customers vehicle. I seriously doubt it was remorse more than it was about being ticked that they were caught. Neither were fired, which wasn't what i was going for in the 1st place so there is that.

The down side though is here it is less than a month later and i can already see some of the bad DCT symptoms coming back. Bad shifts, lagging heavily on acceleration, shudder in 1/2 gear. The worse one was today when i had to accelerate hard to shoot across an intersection and the transmission wouldn't disengage when i let off the throttle. I had to take it out of gear into neutral to get the tranny to let go. I guess i fully expect to be back in the shop for a 3rd clutch issue very soon, it just probably will not be the same shop that i bought it from.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.