2014 focus recall (Fuel Pump) - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #31
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 136305
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Titanium

Points 136, Level 2
Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 fordson04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So as asked previously but wasnt a concrete answer, have they gathered all the information. I know the dates of when letters will be mailed and such but I see several people says they checked on the ford site and some said it said the fuel pump was under recall when they did the system diagnostics. Mine shows nothing except for the myford touch warranty extension. My focus was built 03/25/14 according to ETIS so that falls within the dates but nothing shows that my car is involved in this recall...Just wanted to check and see if thats truly the case and I am not affected
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #32
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 8,364, Level 61
Points: 8,364, Level: 61 Points: 8,364, Level: 61 Points: 8,364, Level: 61
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoneal View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! I just dropped my 2014 off to have a few things worked on. It has been driving terrible lately. My service writer says the fuel pump recall parts are not available yet. Does anyone know what all this recall entails?

Thanks,
K
Welcome, K!

Dealers will be getting more information in a few days, and the Owner Letters will be sent the week of June 22. Right now, your dealer is in the best position to assist further. Once you're scheduled for the repair, please drop me a line, and I'll check out some options. :)

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #33
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 136305
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Titanium

Points 136, Level 2
Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 fordson04 Good Standing Member
Meagan maybe you can answer my question from above. I see dealers are still getting the info with letters to the owners starting June 22. I see several people mention it shows up when they do vehicle health reports or recall checks online but mine does not show the recall. But is within the build dates affected and obviously the plant affected. Does that mean even though mine was built within those build days that it does not have that fuel pump and not affected?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 171497
What I Drive: 2014 Blue Candy Metallic SE

Points 210, Level 4
Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 mukti Good Standing Member
Just got a letter for this in the mail today. When I get this replaced, I'm hoping to get a few other things checked out as well. Would the dealership have any issues doing other maintenance as well? I figure since its already going to be in there, I might as well have them take a look at some other things while they have it.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #35
Focus Addict

Fan#: 120081
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE w/Sport Package

Points 3,871, Level 39
Points: 3,871, Level: 39 Points: 3,871, Level: 39 Points: 3,871, Level: 39
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 rebelx Good Standing Member
I know this is now a few months old, but I have a build date that falls within the time frame, and I have not received any such notification of this recall.

I finally got the 15B22 notice on the Ford Owner webpage a couple weeks back, but nothing about the OP recall.

Is this something I can just request, or do I have to wait for it to pop? I'd rather get both things done at the same time instead of having to go back separately.

EDIT: For some reason, Ford Etis never updates with any FSAs. It always says "Checking for outstanding actions... Please Wait!"
Old 09-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #36
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 8,364, Level 61
Points: 8,364, Level: 61 Points: 8,364, Level: 61 Points: 8,364, Level: 61
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post
I know this is now a few months old, but I have a build date that falls within the time frame, and I have not received any such notification of this recall.

I finally got the 15B22 notice on the Ford Owner webpage a couple weeks back, but nothing about the OP recall.

Is this something I can just request, or do I have to wait for it to pop? I'd rather get both things done at the same time instead of having to go back separately.

EDIT: For some reason, Ford Etis never updates with any FSAs. It always says "Checking for outstanding actions... Please Wait!"
Letters for 15B22 will begin rolling out in October, and owner letters for the fuel pump recall went out in June. You can check for active (meaning ones that are attached to your VIN and have not been completed) recalls here.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
Focus Addict

Points 3,871, Level 39
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Letters for 15B22 will begin rolling out in October, and owner letters for the fuel pump recall went out in June. You can check for active (meaning ones that are attached to your VIN and have not been completed) recalls here.

Meagan
Thanks! So question: My local dealers are already booked till the end of this month for service appointments. Once people start receiving the letters for either service job, they're going to start flocking to the dealerships. How can I set it up so that whenever my appointment time is (hopefully end of this month and not pushed back to November), that I get both items done to my car even though I have not yet received notification (including the site your linked) of the fuel pump recall?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #38
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 31,665, Level 100
Points: 31,665, Level: 100 Points: 31,665, Level: 100 Points: 31,665, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 134 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
You'd have to set that up with a Dealer for the appt., if not listed for that fuel pump recall you'd need to check through them for a double check to see if you are included.

Should show on that link by your VIN, does yours have a date of manufacture near either end of the time period mentioned? Backwards date coding on the door can be confusing, does that source also give you the exact mfr. date?

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 10-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #39
Focus Addict

Points 3,871, Level 39
Level Up 48% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
You'd have to set that up with a Dealer for the appt., if not listed for that fuel pump recall you'd need to check through them for a double check to see if you are included.

Should show on that link by your VIN, does yours have a date of manufacture near either end of the time period mentioned? Backwards date coding on the door can be confusing, does that source also give you the exact mfr. date?
Yup, I verified on Ford Etis and I have a build date that falls within the OP's listed dates.

EDIT: All the NA 14 Focus units were made at the affected plant, right?

EDIT 2: I have Etis reporting as "Build Date: 04.08.2014." Hopefully, that doesn't mean August, 4, 2014. I'll have to check the door and see if it's more specific there.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #40
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 31,665, Level 100
Points: 31,665, Level: 100 Points: 31,665, Level: 100 Points: 31,665, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 134 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Yep, all U.S. and Canada ones. Sounds like it falls within, and the notice doesn't mention limited numbers within the dates, just wondered about the ends if it was close.

Odd not to find it listed for yours, def. means you need it checked officially.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.