Focus Fanatics Forum banner

S mode?

4K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  cobie56 
#1 ·
Does keeping it in s mode help at all? Even if you don't shift?

#16 ·
Although it won't automatically shift into 6th gear while in S-mode, you can always manually shift it into 6th gear while in S-mode.

#5 ·
I'm not sure if it was just me, but in S mode i wanted to make a pull from a dig, when in 1st, I anticipated about 500RPM from redline for it to shift, it went to 3rd. I thought it was weird and did it again, same thing. I didn't want to test the theory, but if you go to redline on S mode, does it shift automatically?

#17 ·
It also employs some mild engine braking when slowing down. Pretty neat. Even with the DCT, this would be an able AutoX car with the right suspension goodies.

#23 ·
Hi everyone.

In the 3rd printing of the Owners Guide, p. 181 outlines how S (Sport) mode works and how to best operate the SelectShift Automatic Transmission.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Ashley

#25 ·
To summarize: When you put the transmission into S mode, and do not press the up or down shift button, the transmission will shift more aggressively for you. If you press the up or down shift button in S mode, a gear light will appear on the instrument cluster, notifying you that the vehicle is expecting you to shift - notably, the computer will override and shift for you, if you over-rev'

#26 ·
Just a caveat here.....when using manual shift and wearing sun glasses, ESP polarised ones, it is very difficult to see the shift points on the monitor ( or anything on the monitor ) as ford chose to not use bright , clear writing and , instead had translucent greyish white letters on the darker background resulting in it all washing out when wearing sun glasses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.