Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Yellow fogs?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  A-to-the-J 
#1 · (Edited)
I always see a lot of you guys running yellow fogs, what are your recommendations.

I'm looking for HIDs but I would be fine with doing just a bulb swap and lamix yellow cover is out of the question.

I have a '04 Mazda6 which has factory projector fogs and low beams. The fogs are inset in the head light housings. I just installed 8K HIDs and now the fogs need attention.

Yes I know they need polished.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've got the Nokya 2500K yellow H11s on my fogs with no tint/film. They look fantastic and actually work better in fog than the stock bulbs or Phillips Crystal Vision Ultras. I've also heard great things about PIAAs yellow bulbs as well, but I'm not surr it's worth the extra cost. Many people have trouble with the Lamin X film melting and hazing up. With the right color temperature, tint is not necessary.

#8 ·
I saw FB before I saw this and questioned why i was tagged, lol. but then saw what was pictured and looked here before commenting.

Thanks for the comments I have to look into these options. I also thought about putting a matching 8000k or something similar in the fog in the housing.

Then getting these to replace the empty space and put the yellows in the lower fogs instead.

#7 ·
I run either the Nokya 2500Ks or the Putco 3000Ks. They're both great. Way better than stock. Excellent for driving at night during winter blizzards. PIAAs are too expensive as far as I'm concerned.

#10 ·
It is all depending on what you want out of them. Are you wanting it more for aesthetics or do you want them to be functional too? Personally I would get 3000k HID's. But if you are just going for the yellow look, go with yellow bulbs. That's just my 2 cents, its all just personal taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.