Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Focus owner

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  FocusTi 
#1 ·
Ok I am not the owner its my wife's new car we got her a black 2013 SE hatch automatic she is coming from an 07 Focus. I was excited to get this car but now after reading some posts I am kinda nervous about it. Seems to be a lot of issues with these cars I don't see a ton of bashing on the 2013's hopefully they are less problematic maybe?

#4 ·
Welcome to Focus Fanatics.

I have a 2012 focus titanium hatch with the DCT (auto) and I have not had one issue with it. I will admit the 1K break in period of the trans was a little much but once the clutches broke in, the shifts have been smooth as silk.

#5 ·
Welcome! I love my 2012 SEL with the automated manual and MFT. The Ti is correct, once you add a 1,000-1,500 miles the tranny's characteristics change to act more like an auto than a manual, and the manual-like feel at low speeds is kinda cool. I think you'll like or love it.

#6 ·
Congratulations to you and your wife on the new Focus, hamiltonj2w1! I'm sure both of you will love it. If you ever have questions or concerns, feel free to contact me so I can see how I can help.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Crystal

#7 ·
I had recently bought a 13 Focus titanium with the 18" wheels and MFT w/ nav. As far as the driving of the vehicle it has been great. The GPS has been spotty. Although the map card is the latest, there are still streets not updated that been out for several years. I have hit the 1000 miles mark.

#14 ·
Hi, Trol1374 -

Our map supplier, Navteq, offers a tool on their website for reporting missing or incorrect information. If you have some time, please report your findings here:

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-w...bmitDur.do?userType=CONSUMER&language=en#find

Thanks for the warm welcome, this is her 3rd Focus she had a 2000 ZTS which we gave to her niece yesturday and her current 2007 Focus is going to her daughter and she is getting the 2013 Focus. The 2000 has 143k miles zero issues and the 07 has 87k and zero issues I hope the new 13 delivers the same!

I read alot on here before we pulled the trigger I am a little skeptical but hopefully it all works out for us. Its real nice to see an Ford rep on here that helps with issues.
Hey, hamiltonj2w1 - [wave]

It sounds like you're a Focus family! I see you've met Crystal; I'm also available for any SYNC, MyFord Touch, or navigation-related questions.

Jaclyn

#8 ·
I'll bet you run into abnormal sounds (transmission grinding, front end clunk, creaks and rattles) after 1k. They don't seem to affect safety, but who knows how our cars will act at 100k or if the transmission survives that long.
If you can live with those sounds and Master Resetting MFT (if your SE comes with it), you'll be happy with the car.

#9 ·
DCT quirks don't seem to go away after time, I am just over 2K and still have grinding and quirky shifting among other things.

The easiest way to define the PowerShift (DCT) is with the word Temperamental. If your a picky, fussy person who say enjoy's keep their car clean and in good working order, parks your car a little further out in parking lots to avoid door dings....then the DCT will drive you nuts if it's not behaving.

Unlike a fine wine, it hasn't gotten better with age...yet.

#10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, this is her 3rd Focus she had a 2000 ZTS which we gave to her niece yesturday and her current 2007 Focus is going to her daughter and she is getting the 2013 Focus. The 2000 has 143k miles zero issues and the 07 has 87k and zero issues I hope the new 13 delivers the same!

I read alot on here before we pulled the trigger I am a little skeptical but hopefully it all works out for us. Its real nice to see an Ford rep on here that helps with issues.

#13 ·
Yes she really likes the Focus I feel it is a good looking car with alot of options for the money.

We already have lots of plans for it. The windows are being tinited next week along with weathertech floor mats. We are also installing a Yakima roof rack as well and some new wheels and maybe Steeda springs cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust.

#23 ·
Are you still having issues now or have they been resolved? Anything new pop up after the ignition issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.