Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rear Spoiler idea's for Sedan?

8K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  faharii 
#1 ·
Hello from Australia guys.. New member, and new owner of Ford Focus Sport Sedan.. Not sure what you guys call it in the US..But am looking for idea's for a rear spoiler..

I lived 10 years in Japan, and have always been into the JDM VIP clean look with no spoilers. But the new Focus sedan just needs something I think? I personally don't think the small Ford accessory spoiler does it for me, so was wondering what you guys think would look cool on the sedan?

Anyways, here are a few pics of mine, for you to think over, so let me know.. I am a huge WRC and V8 Supercar fan, so I am interested in seeing the big small, anything in between for idea's!

Unlike the hatch, there really isn't a lot that you can do with the sedan to make it racy without looking ricey.. But then if if you look at EVO's and Lancer's they are all sedans and still manage to look racy for a sedan....

I plan on maybe a set of matt black offset Racing stripes, and lowering it, but other than that would love to know what you guys think the sedan should look like!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hhmm interesting.. We need someone with mad photoshopping skillz...

I know that the Australian company that is promoting the Australian V8 Supercar series has been developing a series for South Africa in 2014, and they have said that they will be using the Ford Focus Sedan as it is sold in SA (Australia has the Falcon) and from the pictures I have seen, they have a center mounted spoiler that would look good, but mayby a little ricey for an every day driver?

#7 ·
I am thinking a mild center mounted fin like we will see on the SA racing sedan my look alright if not overdone?

#11 ·
Some would say that about a Lancer sedan, but it carries a spoiler well for a sedan?

#14 ·
As an example, that Lancer spoiler is way too big. So I am interested in something a little more graceful, yet sporty...

#19 ·
Spoilers on a front wheel car are for looks only, the increased downforce on the back won't get you anywhere faster.

#20 ·
Very true, that is why I wouldn't go with something like the Lancer has.. I like the after-market ford one, but a little higher wouldn't hurt..

#22 ·
Yeah, it looks alright from the rear, but I couldn't see it matching the shape from the side.. I still think the original spoiler is fine, but just needs to sit up higher.. I am thinking about getting an aftermarket one and see what I can do with it..

#24 ·
Actually We here at RDC are trying to get our hands on an Aussie Falcon FVP style wing with the center support. We would like to make one for the FF sedan, or even an RS style one for the sedan [thumb]

#25 ·
I still want an E46 CSL-style spoiler. To be true to the original it would be a full trunk lid replacement but add-ons have been made before.

#26 ·
True Dat... anything is possible, let us get some the projects out the door and we will see what else we can come up with.

#29 ·
Twenty, I just had a look at the E46 CSL-style spoiler. And I am not convinced it would look good on our sedan's? Just something about the BMW's boxy rear.... If anything, I prefer your current one over something like that..

PS, where did you get your front splitter?

#33 ·
Ha ha, ok guys. How much to start, and how much to Australia?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.