Bling Lights Fog light install
So I mentioned in this thread that I was going to be the guinea pig for these fog lights..
And I was indeed the guinea pig. [wrenchin]
So I purchased these "Bling Lights BL-300W Driving Lamp Kit" from here: http://www.automatcentral.com/BL300W-drivinglamps.html
And they promptly showed up at my doorstep:
Here are the goodies:
Jaws up in the air and ready:
The supplied universal brackets can't really be used (unless you want to drill into the bumper...) [ohcrap]
So I made some of my own:
This is what the brackets look like on the light:
Test fit on the car:
Popped my plastidipped bezel on there:
I'm happy with it!
Andrew (firstname.lastname@example.org) was my contact for the fog lights and he did right by me.
He offered some superb, quick customer service, and I would def. recommend these fog lights. [clap]
I am dying for fog lamps on mine - just cant allow myself to spend the $500 the dealer want to do it and the wiring of doing it my self scares me...
It was as easy as connecting a red wire to the positive side of the battery and a black wire to ground.
It's so easy a caveman can do it. [:p]
I'll take a picture on my lunch of the wiring for you.
How did you wire the switch ?
This is amazing.
- How is the switch done? (Pic?) Did you snake it into your dash? (where?)
- Can you leave the switch set to "on" and will it turn off when you turn the car off?
- Can you replace the blue accent bulb with a yellow one, if so, do you know the bulb part #?
Also, I'll pay you to make me a set of brackets :D
2. You can leave the switch to one and it will stay on with the ignition off /keys out (because it's hard wired to the battery)
3. I am not sure about replacing the bulb to yellow.. I would assume you can.. but I didn't really look into.. send Andrew an e-mail about it and tell him Y3VT3P sent you (maybe he'll hook you up with a better deal).
How much? [clap]
Where the switch resides:
I know it's ugly.. I will probably make a nice bracket for it at some point..
Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.
Where did you route the switch through the firewall?
And seriously, like $5-10 for the bracket. I don't know how labor intensive it was for you, but I live in a tiny apartment with no garage or anything.
Quick question--where did you get the bezels ? I just received my blinglight kit, but
bezels are not included.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.