Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2014 Focus Changes

13K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  sketch 
#1 ·
Do we know nothing about the 2014 Focus at this point? I mean, nobody seems to be talking about it. It probably won't be anything radically different - but do we not know anything about feature changes or technical improvements?

#4 ·
I wouldn't expect any big changes for MY 2014. The current-generation Fiesta debuted in Europe for the 2009 model year, so while the refresh seems quick for us in North America, it actually came about 4.5 years into the car's lifecycle.

The Focus probably isn't due for a refresh until MY 2015 at the earliest.

#9 ·
I bet there will be some styling refresh and new options. Ford is trying to update their models more frequently

I would not expect any major changes to the drivetrain, but it seems possible that there could be an optional engine; I would guess the 1.6 from the Fiesta could make its way into the Focus.

#14 ·
this is much of the same equipment found in other markets outside NA... so much for ford's 'one world car' concept. bottom line: ford doesn't wanna step on the toes of the golden egg midsize market, aka, fusion... so.... NA customers don't get all the goodies others do....

#16 ·
Here's an interesting paragraph from the article, no DCT???

The new 2.0L variant combines high-pressure gasoline direct injection (GDi) with twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) and delivers 170 hp and 200 Nm of torque. It boasts a 20% increase in fuel efficiency than the engine it replaces and is mated to a six-speed Ford PowerShift automatic transmission. A SelectShift Automatic™ functionality option is also available, allowing drivers to manually control gears.
The PowerShift is the DCT...

#25 ·
I was at my dealership today getting an oil change on my 13. I was walking the lot and saw the exact same 201A 2014 model I had. I was totally the same as far as exterior and interior. Everything else on the sticker looked the same other then 13/14.

There used car dept had A LOT of focus's in there

#26 ·
I was looking @ the '13 because of the rebates but for 2014 there was only a $315 increase in the base price & the rebates difference is only $500 less. So... for $815 more (and a wait of 5-weeks) we got a year newer car equipped the way WE want. Got a good trade-in price on our 2012 (w/44K) too.

#27 ·
I have a 2014. The only different thing I noticed from the 13 was the steering wheel controls. Instead of having a volume control on the right side of the steering wheel opposite if the cruise control, they have the volume control on the direction pad instead. So there is no more selection arrow button for your radio screen, you have to use the buttons on the dash to navigate the menu

#43 ·
I've done that before, too. I've had two Toyotas with the cruise control stalk right there.

I'd prefer if the cruise controls were on the right just because of muscle memory, but I understand why Ford would want to keep the driving stuff on the left and the entertainment/info stuff on the right, nearer the center stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.