Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MK3 Headlight Adjust

19K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  jdetzel 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights in a MK3? I had a headlight replaced and now one is higher than the other.

I am at work and it is dark out. Figured I'd ask so when I go look I can fix it quick.

#2 ·
Its in the owners manual.

However there should just be a screw somewhere to adjust the height of the beam. There is no horizontal adjusted iirc.

#6 ·
I have and still did not see it.
I figured I would stop by the dealer sometime and ask someone to show me.
Or maybe someone here who knows will post a pic with a BIG RED ARROW to point it out.
It is in the manual and it tells you to use a Number 2 Phillips screw driver (+). ON the back of the headlight housing there is a small vertical hole in which the screwdriver goes into and turns a plastic cog basically that heightens or lowers the beam up or down.

#11 ·
On my 2013 S it is not a Phillips it is a bolt head. 13mm was too big and 12mm too small. I don't have any English 6 point sockets. The hex actually turns a horizontal gear, not sure why they couldn't of eliminate the gear and come into the adjustment from the top.

#16 ·
These hex heads are plastic and have rounded corners. Pretty crappy setup, the least of which the owners manual is incorrect. Maybe a PM to the Ford rep. I'll stop at lowes and pick up a socket. 1/2" is probably right. I'll post pics and check the drivers side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.