Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Door rattles... still

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Sapphari 
#1 ·
Still having issues with the speakers and door rattles. Mainly on the tweeter on the driver door, the bottom panel of the passenger door and what sounds like the entire rear passenger door. Anyone else experience this? I took it to Ford and they "didn't hear anything" after having it all day and driving it four separate times apparently. This has been a constant thing and I've tried and failed to fix it. Any ideas?

#3 ·
I have a new rattle show up when it's SUPER cold and the car is cold idling. It's behind the instrument cluster and somewhere after the hump on top of it.

Then there's the stupid headliner one right behind the moonroof but I read about the foam fix for that.

Also the two rear doors, passenger side on the furthest most back part rattles, looks like felt will fix. Drivers side rear is right in the front and middle section felt should fix too. I can press on this with my arm to get it to stop when music makes it rattle

#6 ·
x2 about the sound traveling thing. I was experiencing a rattle after cold start during high-idle that sounded like it was coming from the headliner, but it turned out to be the dashboard right by the passenger A-pillar. A nice, hard closed-fist smack on top of the dash pad stopped it.

#8 ·
I have parked the car, turned on the radio and sat in the each seat and pressed the panels on the doors. I know where the rattles are coming from for sure now. I have tried felt and even a rubber apoxy to hold the panels together. Nothing seems to work. I would try to ignore it but the sound of the rattling is so loud that it is almost the same level as the music when it plays. When it gets warmer I am going to try and take the time to fix it for good.

#10 ·
...I would try to ignore it but the sound of the rattling is so loud that it is almost the same level as the music...
I also got a nice rattle somewhere on my drivers side door or by the dash somewhere...
I have a new rattle show up when it's SUPER cold and the car is cold idling...
If you have kids, how about checking for baby rattles? LOL JK [;)]

Seriously though, I want to help by forwarding this to your regional customer service managers. So I can assist, please send me a PM with your phone number, full name, mileage, dealer details, and VIN.

Cory

#12 ·
I have the same rattles as OP. I have the Sony system and the more I listen to the radio, the more rattles show up. The passenger door rattle is EXTREMELY loud when listening to the radio. Every door on the car has a rattle. The bezel around the gauge cluster rattled loose at one point. I had to snap it back into place.

I would love to dynamat the car but if I do that now, I'll void the warranty. So in the mean time, my $25,000 car sounds like an $800 hoopty with cheap walmart subs in the trunk rattling everything.

#15 ·
Hey scriptedmind,

Have you stopped by your dealership so they can take a look? Making an appointment with them is a great first step. Additionally, I can assist by looking into some options, too. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work!

Crystal

#16 ·
late on this reply, but im searching the site for info and came across this post. kollati is correct - one of the best things to reduce rattle is to install a dampening agent. often this stuff is very expensive, and some brands are simply cheaper products that are re-branded for car audio applications and the price is jacked up 10x. check out 'u seal' - it's a roofing material available at most hardware stores that many people have reported to work well.

this is a fix most people should be able to do. here is a great video regarding how to remove door panels (i think this guy has a video where he removes the back door panel as well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4G5H5vMKMs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.