Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Had anyone been through a Lemon Law case?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  snow12 
#1 ·
I have basically HAD it with this car, tonight really has been the last straw. I am supposed to get a call from a CSM tomorrow but after reading the threads on here and the response from others I have pretty much concluded that nothing is going to get done. I have been talking with people and doing research on the Lemon Law. NCs Lemon Law states that the vehicle has to have been in for the same problem for 15 days or 4 times. Since it has technically only been in for the SAME issue once (cleaver job on the dealer with the wording) Ford has 3 more tries to fix the car. I am not trying to sound like a Debbie downer but when I say I have no hope I mean it, they only seem to care about selling cars here. I was really just wondering if anyone has gone though the Lemon Law process or the BBB option? I would like to know what I should have prepared etc? Thanks in advance to anyone that contributes, I really appreciate it [cheers]

Also if I am reading correctly NCs Lemon Law also states that the issue does not have to only be drivability issues?

#2 ·
you weren't the guy who posted a thread in this section last week or so were you on a similar subject? If you aren't that guy, use the search button or go back a couple pages. Threads like this where people give advice do exist do to the dct wonkiness with the new auto. Also check your TSB's. Ford does constantly work on these issues (especially the DCT) hence the constant updates for the trans. That's why I drive a stick besides the fact that is is more engaging.

#3 ·
This car would be great

This car would be great if it didn't have the DCT and the MyFord Fail system. There are other issues like the wipers coming on when there is NO rain and engine noises but I could live with those oh and some annoying loud rattles. The DCT is garbage, I cant even drive it in traffic in my area because the POS overheats! Believe me if it didn't take me 40 minutes to complete what is supposed to be a 20 minute drive I would have picked a manual. In any event I'm gonna go through the process of letting them attempt to fix a couple of more times and if they do, great! If they can't however I just want to be ready with all of the documentation required to start the somewhat long process that I really don't have time for. /end rant

Oh and I dont think it was me who posted but if it was sorry [mecry]. I am new to the whole forum life.

#5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the BBB link! Quick question do you happen to know how the whole process works? I know you drive an Escape, so you probably haven't had to think about it.

Edit : Well I suck! I just put two and two together and realized that Ford bought your Focus back. At least I think it was your thread [unsure]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.