Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Will Ford revised the look on the 2014 Focus?

8K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  GhiaFan 
#1 ·
Do you guys think Ford will adopt the new Fiesta and Fusion look on the MKIII 2014 Focus and tweaks to the Focus ST?

Will all the Focus look like this?

See less See more
#2 ·
'14 seems too early for the Focuses in my opinion. I'm sure the Electrics will retain a unique face too.

#3 ·
man if ford had a better rep, id trade my FoFo for a fusion ecoboost all day long. that thing is SICK.

#4 ·
No, not all the cars in the lineup have that front end. Look at the Escape, which was brand new for 2013 in the states. The front end is similar to our Focus, as is the rest of the design language on that one. I think the way Ford explained it was that the trapezoid shape is the important part, and the Focus and Escape still employ it, just a little differently.

EDIT: The ST already has that look anyway, if you've yet to see it...

#6 ·
Usually (besides the new civic and malibus) auto makers will wait out at least 4 or 5model years at minimum before making big changes to the vehicles.

Now, obviously its usually, there are a lot of exceptions. But if a car is selling well, they don't mess with them right away besides new trim levels, slight tweaks, etc.

#7 ·
correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought the fiesta was overdue for a minor makeover (body an powertrain actually). You have to figure cosmetically ford won't touch the focus for two years unless it is some optional appearance package which makes the car look awesome but requires you to purchase about $4K in other random upgrades to get said awesomeness. The SAP was a STEAL back in the day as I know from experience. Right now, good luck replacing said sexiness if you get in an accident, as the parts were so so rare. When I had an incident with a flying semi tire that caused me to replace my entire front end back on my old 06 SAP1 ST, the front end was about $2500 on a comprehensive claim. Guarantee insurance didn't see that one coming. [offtopic] Deal with it.

Edit, after reading this, I was unaware of the apparent new fiesta cosmetic mods. I thought historically Ford did this after about four years on a new launch. I should further investigate.

#8 ·
Ford Europe has in the past done a face-lift every three years, with a full redesign every 5 years. I did read that the next redesign for the Focus is MY2017.
Now that Ford N.A. with the Focus is on the same time line as the rest of the worlds Focus, it would not surprise me to see some changes for North America MY2015, which in Europe will be tagged as a MY2014.

#10 ·
#15 ·
Hi, the mk1 focus ran from 1998 to fixed 2004, thus it was for 6 years, the Mk2 focus was released in 2005, the mk2.5 facelift in 2008 and the mk3 in 2011. That makes 6 years for the complete lifecycle for the whole of the mk2 generation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus#Second_generation_.282005.E2.80.932010.29
98-00

01-04

MK1 Euro had a face lift for 2001 MK1.5
The 2001 Mk 1 Focus facelift included:
Revised headlamps with integrated indicators and separate main and dipped bulbs
Revised bumpers without indicators, but with the addition of removable bump strips
Revised upper and lower grille and fog lights
Optional Xenon headlights
Optional 6-disc CD changer
Optional Navigation System
Optional Digital Climate Control
Features of certain trim levels changed
Modified centre console with rubber cup holders
Different centre dash colours
New seat trims
Different instrument cluster finishes
Damped and lit glovebox
New colours
Rear power point
TDCi Engine introduced to the range
Versatility Pack Option added
Bluetooth camera facility
A new flexfuel engine was introduced, based on the European Zetec 1.6 L version

When Alan Mulally took over the helm , one of his goals with the One Ford is to get all divisions globally in the same time frame with new and refreshed models. Plus do shorter model runs, and try and get into a 5 year lifespan per design, and keep the design fresh with face lifts every 3 years, of course depending on market conditions and model sales numbers.

#11 ·
The focus will follow the fiesta for a refresh. Fiesta is this year so figure sometime next year for a focus refresh as a '15 and a major one a few years after as others pointed out

I hope the focus doesn't adopt the Aston grill though. I agree it looks better on the big cars but cartoonish on the babies. I wanna venture a guess and say even if the focus gets that grill, it will be black withouut the horizontal slats since the EV already has that distinction. Something closer to the Taurus, maybe less pronounced trapezoidal grills

#13 ·
The Focus electric and ST already have the grilles similar to the new Fusion, and putting that on the normal Focus would dilute the identities of all those vehicles since they would look a lot more similar.

I'm not a fan of all vehicles in a manufacturer's line having the same look because they all start to look homogenous - look at Acura and Hyundai for example.

#14 ·
I would almost bet on the Focus getting a 2014 update of some kind. More LEDs, maybe inclusion of the projector headlights on Titaniums or optional on lower models. Perhaps a new style of wheel, new paint color, etc.

Don't put it past Ford to change things up quickly.

2010 Mustang was revamped in 2011 with a complete drivetrain overhaul and 2013 Mustangs were refreshed on the outside and given more HP.

The Fiesta was way past due. That design has been in circulation since 2008.

The Taurus is on a quick update cycle as well. 2010 redesign and 2013 facelift models were rolling out in spring of '12.

#18 ·
Hmm, seems odd when Ford North America has reported sales for the top spec Titanium variant to be almost 30%, which is extremely high and way above Ford N.A. expectations.

I don't think the Focus Titanium will be fading into the sunset.

May I ask who wrote this piece you read in your Sunday paper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.