Focus Fanatics Forum banner

St!!!

6K views 69 replies 29 participants last post by  TiPilot 
#1 ·
Well, I went to the dealer today to get an oil change and MFT update, and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Tomorrow I'm picking up my new Tuxedo Black Focus ST!! Loaded with every option available. I had no intentions on buying a new one but they paid off the Titanium and another grand off the new MSRP. I will post pics as soon as I get it! [woot]

#45 ·
Congrats on the car!

[idea] I hear that people absolutely HATE the ST3 headlights...and I've got my Ti headlights that I'd be willing to trade straight up, so that you too do not have to experience the heinousness... [hihi]

#57 ·
We're turning this into "Finance Fanatics."

My Focus is financed at 0% interest. When shopping for cars, I had originally assumed I would get something used, 4-5 years old. Around where I live, though, a lot of the cars to be found that fit this profile would be at least 8 or 9k $CDN, but typically more, and usually with at least 100,000 km. They also were not typically something I'd want to drive. Moreover, the larger, reputable used car dealers in my region seemed to all charge 8-10% finance interest, and I didn't have the savings to buy a car outright. I could have gone for a bank loan, but the more I thought about it, I figured if I was going to lock into paying for a car for several years, it may as well be new, only driven by me, and with a full warranty. It's hard to argue with 0% interest, too.

Whatever choice is made for payment, something different fits everyone's life. I'm young without a family, and I really wanted a car I would love. Plus, I have student loans that are appreciably larger than what I owe on my car, and they DO increase with interest, so they are my priority to pay off.

It doesn't hurt to talk through crap like this, though. This car is my first car not bought outright, so I was new to things like financing and leasing. Talked it through quite a bit with friends and family before I pulled the trigger on the deal.

#70 ·
Sweet car aside, this seems like the perfect place to post this again... [wiggle]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.