Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Moar Hit and Run

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Phokus 
#1 ·

This happened right before I went on my road trip through Canada

Not exactly sure where it happened as the damage seems to go front to back on my drivers side.
I was only parked on the street at work between 1ish to 430pm and parked in Boston on a one way for about 1-2hrs around 6ish.

However I noticed it the next morning and was like wtf is this?

I must have really not been paying attention after work that day because the next day I repeated my steps and even with me looking down to go into the car like I always do, this was like bam! right in your face.

Damage looks to be only on my doors. Must have been a low car as they didn't damage my mirror
The big damage is in the middle of the door then go lower where there is a body line crease it scratched that too

Damn people. [smackbum]

See less See more
#4 ·
On the wheels front, I think they had the Ti handling package wheels and tires which are not rated for winter use, so they also had to get a set of steel wheels and snow tires for the winter months, so no one stole the wheel in this case.

#15 ·
That sucks man. But at least it didn't knock the mirror off or cause any more damage.

If I was the driver who did this, I'd have to leave at least a note on the car if I was in a rush. If I wasn't, i'd probably search the owner down and be like "Hello, My name is Mike, and man have I got some bad news for you..."

#19 ·
I actually was told by a cop ,friend tha for any incident from a hit n run to property vandalism; Just take a pic w ur phone, notify the police and if appropriate and possible follow the perps discretely at a safe distance (but not contact the perp in any way). He said they have made many sucessful arrests this way thnx to concerned citizens

#20 ·
My roommate's 1 day old lawn mower was stolen from our garage like 9 months ago (we didn't even have the box out of the garage yet). My neighbor caught them in the act, followed them, got their license plate and we filed a police report. Still no lawn mower.

Lately, I've had the urge to take matters into my own hands if it were to happen again - like bashing in their windshield. They might shoot me, but I feel like bending over and taking it is worse.

EDIT: Then again, in the past year my roommates and I have had a lawn mower, my air compressor, and our 46" TV stolen in addition to my roommate's car being broken into. I guess renter's / home owner's insurance would work... or, you know... moving. But it's not even that bad of an area - for some reason crime seems to thrive in alleyways. I've also considered booby traps.

#32 ·
Hey, got back and was super busy.
I went to Niagara Falls, ON then Toronto then Montreal then back to Boston!

Great news though, On a section of the trip I achieved 48.5MPG (hand calculated) all highway other than coming out of the rest stop with a gas station.

I'm dropping off my car at the body shop later today. I wont see my car for a while :( Oh well.. my friend left a 2011 WRX at my house while he's away... [shhh][8D]

People are assclowns so I guess I can't do much about it. Called my insurance company on that day and they said that I don't need a police report just that picture is good enough. Great! easy process [cheers] It could have been worse I suppose. This should be fixed up and shiny'd up soon.
Best part is my car is filthy after the trip; the body shop I go to does a full detail on every thing! including the engine bay [wiggle]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.