Votes: 24 33.8%
  • YES, IF & ONLY IF the Sedan was $1k cheaper than the hatch

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • don't care

Votes: 10 14.1%

ST Sedan?

11K views 106 replies 27 participants last post by  Budderybunz 
#1 ·
RonMaiden brought up a question about ST's and Shelby's being hatch-only in the Sedan poll thread.

Hatches are slightly more rigid, along with the fact that more die hard car enthusiasts love the quirky hatch/wagon looks, so my speculation says thats why the performance models are hatches.

But given how many people in the test pool prefer the Sedan looks though, I feel like a Sedan ST would sell like hotcakes.

What do you guys think?

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Feel free to post modded sedan pics to give us a better idea of a performance sedan

Poll open to ANYONE.

#3 ·
I'd potentially like my SE sedan a little less if that was the case. Sorry Focus. [hihi]

#11 ·
you can see the Lincoln grille thru the mesh in the front picture.

The first style was out for 5 years, the refresh for that was out for 3 years. MK2 was out for 4 years.

I dont forsee a refresh any time soon.

the Fiesta has been out for about 4 years now and is getting a refresh next model year

#12 ·
you can see the Lincoln grille thru the mesh in the front picture.

The first style was out for 5 years, the refresh for that was out for 3 years. MK2 was out for 4 years.

I dont forsee a refresh any time soon.
im going by the refresh of the fiesta this year (2014 model year in 2103), i'm sure they currently have a focus refresh under wraps. That article mentions the Lincoln still has till 2016 (2015 at the earliest) to come out, where a focus mid-cycle refresh would probably be the 2015 model year in 2014.

could def be the lincoln though, but its all speculation

#13 ·
I'm not sure where you're seeing the Lincoln "grille" through the mesh. If anything it looks more like the Fusion and the new Fiesta from the front end. However its possible that it might be a muled up Lincoln, however that seems extremely unlikely at the moment give the fact that the MKC went from being a C30 esk hatchback to a Lincoln Escape instead.

There was supposed to be a Mercury version of the Focus, to be named the Tracer but that was killed off with the brand.

The fact that it was on the back of a truck instead of being driven around could also lend creedence to it being either a freshly built mule, or a car on the way for the scrap heap.

We will need to wait and see if something comes out of those rumors.

#15 ·
I agree on waiting to see what time will show us. But, if you look closely at the grille:

it has slats that go up and down (not left to right), just like every Lincoln today.

#14 ·
I'd buy an ST wagon, I have no use for a sedan, plus I think the Focus sedan is a little ugly. If I could get a focus wagon with another foot or so of cargo space I would. But then again, I'm late 30s with two kids and a dog. I still want my car to look good, but I need it to be practical too.

nothing says practical like 270 horses! :)

#16 ·
The photo is not very clear, however the covers look pretty opaque as to obscure all the features minus the general shape of the lower bumper cover. Which does vaguely look like the old MKZ, but not that of the current model.

The upper grille is completely hidden by the thick black padded material as part of the camoflauge kit.

I won't state anything conclusively as this is all speculation until we hear from Ford if/ when there was to be a Lincoln Focus. I.e. a new Tracer with a lincoln badge after all they scrapped the Mercury brand and the stillborn Tracer revival based on the 2012+ MK3 Focus. However apart from this one rumor from left lanenews no one has picked up on this story in the automotive media as far as I can tell.

It looks like that car was on the back of a Roush owned tow truck as Roush has deep ties to Ford, but they didn't bother to take a clearer view of the label there either.

If its going to be a lincoln then they had better get it right.

My gut feeling is that this car was either a mule for the 2012 that was on its way to the scrap yard with parts that were never going to make production, a potential mid cycle refresh, or a Tracer mule that's getting the ax finally. However if it is a 2017 then its way too early in the process to say definitively what it will be called.

Can't be MKC which is based on the Escape, MKF would just be too blatantly obvious, MKB would be a Lincoln Fiesta, etc....

Either way it had better be much better than the Cruze based Verano or its toast.

#24 ·
The wrx and focus st are what .1 seconds different to sixty. Cars are better than bikes. Adding a sedan option wouldn't gain many sales. All the people who only care about looks will get either and those who want speed will get a st in either format. I mentioned the bike because of the price difference.

#32 ·
Sweet. I think i remember that on the auto show circuit. Either way...I love how they look on my Ti.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#40 ·
Just my personal opinion (so don't flame me), to me the hatch looks much better than the sedan. The lines on the hatch are so muck nicer....plus the hatch is so much more versatile. Again...that is just me.

#42 ·
I looked at a sedan for a few seconds, and by how much one dealer was pushing it I'm guessing you're not alone. I couldn't stand it myself, and in a small car I think it's pointless, but that's just me. My last vehicle was an Explorer Sport Trac, it had a lot more room in the back for stuff, which is part of why I went with the hatch.

#47 ·
An ST appearance kit would work, give me some time lol

How do you make a kit out of that? An appearance kit? performance kit? Isn't the entire drivetrain different?
I would say just an ST appearance kit... in the works [thumb]

I was thinking a turbo kit, but I guess the standard focus drivetrain might not be able to handle the extra power without a ton of more mods, so scrap that thought XD
well we know the DCT wouldnt be able to, but in the manual cars, should not be a problem [deviltail]

Not to mention that the ST would no longer be the "ST" and Ford looses that niche in the market.
Well, i have a few Ideas, and they wouldn't be labeled ST's anyways [strongman][strongman][strongman]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.