Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Folding Rear Back Seats

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  MrsWilson89 
#1 ·
I saw this on a YouTube review of the Ford Focus hatch, but I noticed that the 2012 SEL versions have rear seats that fold up so that when you fold the seats down, you can have a totally flat cargo area. I'm not sure mine has that, hahaha. Is there a latch or something like that that releases it?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
It may be necessary to move the front seats forward a bit, too, depending on where you have them. You can't have them all the way back with the rear seats folded.

I don't understand why they didn't just make the car a couple inches longer. It would have helped with the sparse rear leg-room, too.

#8 ·
If your car is as in your profile a SE trim level then you do have a split 60/40 seat function. Both seat cushion & seat backs.

I am curious , when you take delivery of your new cars in North America does the selling salesperson not go over the features and how things function prior
to you driving off into the sunset in your new wheels?
Or is it that even the salespeople do not know these simple things such as how 60/40 seats work in a modern day car?

#7 ·
I should do that.

I never have anyone in the back anymore because I'm too embarrassed to have people ride in my car and hear the clunks and feel the vibrations.

It makes me feel like a pathetic loser when people ask why I haven't gotten that stuff fixed. My passengers say "If a dealership screwed up my car, I'd blahblahblah"... and I have to tell them "I guess I'm just Ford's bitch."

#12 ·
Deftmetal, this means you must have the sedan SE as I see in Canada the SE hatch comes with 60/40 split, but no dice on the SE sedan, unless
you add the 201A SE Plus Package which includes the 60/40 function. Which looks like last years Sport Package. With your profile saying your
Focus is an SE Sport this lead me to believe you had the 201A SE Plus Package.
Is there a reason why you list your car as a SE Sport? I am not aware of this trim level in Canada.

#14 ·
Sorry for the bump... Can anyone confirm if the standard seat cushion really can be swapped with the fold-flat version? It's been mentioned previously that it is possible but I get the feeling nobody's done it yet. I'm a little wary too, because I imagine there are at least some hinges and clips or something that aren't on my version.

I got roped into a sedan and the non-fold-flat back seat hasn't been an issue 'till last night when I almost got burned at Home Depot (was still able to cram 12' of rolled rug!). I've come to terms with the 4-door but I think fold-flat would add a lot of versatility.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.