Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Looking into dipping exterior parts in carbon fiber.

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  VH5150 
#1 ·
I am looking into dipping the rear valance, front spoiler, and rocker panels in carbon fiber. Getting a quoat from a friend that has a dipping vat, I dont like the cheap looking plastic, what do you guys think about the carbon fiber dip? The car is tuxedo black.

#3 ·
I am going to get a couple quotes. one of my best friends father in law owns a local shop with a dipping vat also. I hope one of them gives me a good deal. I am also going to paint the door handles and mirror covers.

#4 ·
It looks sharp, but please stop saying you're "dipping it in carbon fiber", it sounds hokey to people who really appreciate the awesomeness that is true carbon fiber.

You're getting an aqua dip with a carbon fiber look layover applied.

Grats for that, it should look pretty awesome.

#12 ·
Because 4 oz of vinyl is soooooo much weight. Seriously, leave the dip cup on the curb before you go race and you save more weight. :p
Guys...seriously? Do emoticons really always need to be used to show sarcasm/a joke?

#14 ·
The biggest problem that you're going to have with dipping those pieces is the texture on them. You're going to need to spend a crap-load of time sanding the texture off of them or they're going to look horrible-that's assuming that the pattern will even adhere properly to them. Process IS amazing, though--I have several pieces on my Ranger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.