Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Get The Right Wipers.

16K views 55 replies 28 participants last post by  FordService 
#1 ·
Alright guys, thought Id this bit of information for those of you who may not know.

So a couple of months ago my LS Windshield Wiper went out and needed replacing. So thinking the dealer would want a crapload of cash for them, I didnt even think to check. So looking around at Walmart, Oreilly, Napa, Car Quest, Autozone, etc, the 28in blade is what is used. But you cant get just any blade, the Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icon and a few other like blades. Which run anywhere from $18-30 a piece. I bought a Rain-X Latitude blade and replaced the LS Wiper.

Well now both blades went out and while I was in Coeur d' Alene, ID yesterday I stopped in at Tom Addis Lake City Ford. I walked into the Parts Dept and asked for two 28" blades, i paid $26 for both and I went outside and installed them. Turn them on and to my disappointment both blades would not contact the windshield in the middle of the blade across the entire stroke of the wiper arms.

So i went back inside and had the Service dept do some looking to see if the arms were bent or what. With no luck, I asked... "Is it possible to order the exact wiper blades that were installed at the factory?" The Service Advisor told me he'd go look. after waiting he came back and said " So i have them ordered. after looking there are actually 2 different part numbers for your car, and thats why the normal 28" blades would not work, they will be here this afternoon"

Here are the two part numbers if anyone wants to know.

WW2802 $17.48
WW2803 $17.48

The normal Ford WW PN is WW2801, these wipers do not work with our cars.

[cheers]

See less See more
Reactions: e30og
#3 ·
I forgot..are the wipers both the same sizes?

I have the basic service plan, so when I get my oil changes from Ford they replace the wiperblades too, along with tire rotation.

#7 ·
These. They aren't like the old style wiper blades with the multi-hinged separators, its just like the OEM full rubber/silicone blade. I believe Costco had these on sale buy one get one at only $7.99 for one a few months ago.

#6 ·
The wiper arm doesnt quite sit parallel to the windshield at the cowl, it is angled up just.slighty which doesnt put enough pressure on the blade at the connection point on the wipere. So with the oe specific numbers, they are corrected for this. Being as the wiperes, swipe in opposing directions. Just wanted to share my findings. :)

Sent from the HO KID network using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
The wiper arm doesnt quite sit parallel to the windshield at the cowl, it is angled up just.slighty which doesnt put enough pressure on the blade at the connection point on the wipere. So with the oe specific numbers, they are corrected for this. Being as the wiperes, swipe in opposing directions. Just wanted to share my findings. :)

Sent from the HO KID network using FF Mobile
thanks! great info, I wish the arms were aligned properly so the factory blades didnt have to be 'corrected'. Thanks Ford.

#11 ·
While we're talking wipers, I'd posted a week or so ago about wiper slap with the right side blade. What happens is when that blade gets to the top of its stroke, it contacts the window trim up in the very top corner of the windshield and makes a loud noise. Happens 95+% of the time. Annoying! Anyone else here have that issue, or better still had it fixed?

#15 ·
Bingo! Glad I could help

#16 ·
The OEM blades are Valeo blades on the Focus (and most Ford vehicles). I picked up a pair of 28" Valeo Gen2 flat blades on Amazon for $16 for a pair and they're working great. Didn't really need to replace the originals, but I chickened out before winter started. Didn't think the originals could make it through 2 winters.

#18 ·
Factory blades fit correctly, its the other blades that arent focus specific.

#20 ·
Older cars and other models are this way, but not the 2012+ Ford Focus, or the C-Max for example. They have two individual motors which are calibrated separately for each wiper arm, and they also know enough to detect when they are out of position generally (e.x. if you lift both of them to clear the windshield then set them down backwards the car will cycle the wipers to park them properly and won't leave them the wrong way around).

#21 ·
^ pretty cool actually.

#24 ·
I can't stand things that dont work how they were designed. and it kind of irritates me to know that the focus has specific blades.

#27 ·
Hands down, honest to god. I've got a set on both my focus and my mazda they are similar to the rain-X but cheaper and last forever. They work like nobodys business, they are also designed for higher speeds so they don't lift off the windshield.

Michelin Stealth Hybrids

Make sure you get the ones that say hybrid and look like the above they have two different Stealth and the others are ok but not the same. They come with a yellow plastic clip one the end you just simply pull off.

#29 ·
'12+ focus's dont use the same blades as your 02 does. thanks for your info though, its something to check.

That being said, You are now the most awesome member on this forum with your 49ERS AVATAR!!! NINERS NATION!

#31 ·
Its a weird fitment

#39 ·
I got mine swapped out today at the dealer. Mine was lifting off the windshield over 55 MPH. I went to the Quick Lane today and they looked at the parts they installed in the system. They said there were 2 passenger side wipers put on. I gave them the part number off this thread and they referenced it and took care of it. The Quick Lane guys also learned something. None of them seemed to know there were different wipers for the driver and passenger sides.

#40 ·
Awesome jaydez! Glad to know it was cross reference-able

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.