Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MK3 to ST front end conversion part numbers!

46K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  disciplerocks 
#1 ·
Here's a list of what the body shop had to order to do my swap. The foglights are the same. And the grill has a recessed area for the ST emblem so leaving it off is not an option.

Bumper cover: CM5Z 17D957 BBPTM
List $489.60, Price $323.14, plus $75 core

Upper Bracket: CM5Z 17C897 B
List $211.38, Price $139.51

Left Foglight Grill: CM5Z 17E811 A
List $49.60, Price $32.74

Right Foglight Grill: CM5Z 17E810 A
List $49.60, Price $32.74

Lower Grill: CM5Z 17K945 A
List $68.63, Price $45.30

Main Grill: CM5Z 8200B A
List $251.17, Price $165.77

Ford Emblem: CV6Z 16605 A
List $5.63, Price $4.33

ST Emblem: CM5Z 5842528 B
List $55.25, Price $36.46

Air Dam: CM5Z 8310 D
List $89.67, Price $59.18

Air Deflector: AM5Z 17626 A
List $12.55, Price $8.28

Grand total for swap from Ford is $922.45. That includes the bumper core, but does not include shipping.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#2 ·
There's no need to be a troll. This is an informative thread.

#4 ·
Expensive, but in your case where you needed a new front end anyway, this was the way to go!

I would have just left the ST emblem off since it is not an ST, but that is just me.

#5 ·
Oh I forgot to add that the grill has a recessed area for the emblem. I didn't have a choice.

#9 ·
Hey now, I wasn't trying to troll like the first guy. I was just making a suggestion. It's your car.

#10 ·
It wouldn't be there if I had my way, but I'm not messing up a brand new $250 grill.

Reactions: FFbrad
#11 ·
3M tape is made for automotive applications, won't mess up anything, will hold for years, and if you need to take it off all it takes is getting a fingernail underneath and then peeling it off.

But I can understand completely where you're coming from, so no sweat, you do what makes you happy, it's your car and I'm not here to tell you what to do with it, lol

#12 ·
There are clones of lots of cars out there. I think it is perfectly fine if someone wants to do the front of their car with the st bumper. I like it too! Don't really care if it is 'real' or not, it's still just a car mod like any other. plastidip or paint or wheels or what have you, we do with our cars as we want. I have a '67 galaxie convertible that is trimed as an LTD even though there was never a production LTD convertible. It's still the same car. Thanks for the list and prices. For those who like the LOOK it is a viable alternative to buying the whole car. I'd like an ST but don't want to give up on the SEL features such as heated leather seats, Tan interior, color, gas milage, etc. Seems like the trim kit would fit the bill!

#18 ·
No one is denying that. I wasn't telling him I was going to make fun of his ride for not being an ST if he leaves the badge on there untouched. I was only offering a suggestion for him should he choose to NOT want to be just another clone of a car.

I've seen plenty of times the same thing happen whether it's classic cars or modern cars, customizing is customizing, and people can do what they please. I saw no harm in offering a suggestion should he choose to want to differentiate his car from the ST.

#14 ·
That would be $921. And I'm sure shipping from Europe is going to cost a lot more.

#25 ·
Avie said it best:

She is right, that is an awesome conversion!!!

I am still gathering SVT & Euro parts so I can be a poser too[hihi]
Bahaha *takes a bow*

I'm just laughing at all these amazing opinions lol. I'm so putting an srt badge on my focus now.

Like I already said Dustin I think it looks good. The ST has the better bumper anyways [thumb]

#20 ·
No problem guys. I think Mac is just upset that he has the red-headed stepchild of the Focus platforms and doesn't have any OEM+ parts to choose from.

Reactions: jwwagner
#21 ·
What it really comes down to is the fact that Dustin had the opportunity to do the swap before many others (myself included) and did it out of necessity more than just wanting to look like an ST without the money for one... That would make him a poser. I'll admit, I'm a bit envious, but now he has taken all the guess work out of parts for others. LOL

#24 ·
Thanks for the informative post. It's awesome to have all this in one thread. I pay sales tax if I buy from Tousley but I can pick the parts up myself since its only 20 minutes away from me. Probably less in tax than shipping all that stuff.

Tousley has a body shop at the sane location as well right? If so, if I ever need a new front bumper I'm taking ir there.

thanks again and your Focus looks great, ST emblem and all.

#26 ·
I like the ST bumper too. I almost back dated my st to the svt front end, but changed out the suspension again instead. Next go for the rear st bumper.

#29 ·
Everything I have is in my build thread. I didn't do the install and with my work schedule, I wasn't at the body shop when they put it on.
Posted via FF Mobile

#35 ·
It looks great! I just had a piece of road debris do a little work to my bumper cover I wasn't looking for. Drive any interstate long enough and something is bound to happen. A bottle of touch up paint will have to do for the time being because of the $$$, but I will definately be doing this swap when the time comes.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.