Focus Fanatics Forum banner

To wrap or not to wrap?

• No - keep it yellow

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Yes - wrap it!

Votes: 44 53.0%

To wrap roof, or not to wrap roof? That is the question.

20K views 85 replies 52 participants last post by  dloulou8 
#1 ·
Something I have been on the fence about for quite a while, but that's me. I take my time before making changes so that I don't wind up going back later to undo them.

It's simple: wrap the roof in black vinyl, or no? It'd be gloss black, or potentially carbon fiber to match the real stuff on the car.

Regardless I think I'll be getting a quote tomorrow from my manager as I'd likely do this at work with a coworker or two.

See less See more
#70 ·
#71 ·
Those black roof treatments do pop... but not for Baton Rouge. Around here, heat is the enemy, black absorbs heat. If I lived elsewhere, I'd wrap mine in a heartbeat.

#73 ·
As a fellow sedan-ist, I like that red hatch, but maybe its because of the different shape to the sedan.. I also think that it also has matching black wheels.. I think that might be the reason it just doesn't look right on yours. Plus the fact in those pics it looks like a gloss black, and not a flat black.. Maybe re-do your photoshop and change the colour of the wheels and the black, and it might look a little better.. Also the front grills are a gloss.. I have just plasti dipped my front and changed the gloss black with the mat, and even that is a marked improvement on the gloss.. I posted a pic in the mods thread..

#76 ·
funny comment:

I looked at the dates, so might I suggest wrapping your roof when plastidip comes out with a carbon fiber spray [hihi]

I am assuming Twenty made up his mind already?

#77 ·
Hey Twenty, i say just do it, if your thinking of carbon fiber and not to sure there is a video on the youtube of the dipyourcar.com guys doing carbon fibre spray on an ipad with the black/metalizer and those none slip rolls of sponge that you put on the bottom of your kitchen drawers or cupboards, the final look was cool and totally reversible which is the cool part (duh). GL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.