12-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver
FF Reputation: 40
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3
Originally Posted by red-i
last week, we had some cold weather and my windows were frozen shut. i waited awhile and once they heated up i noticed that both my front windows won't do the auto up/down anymore. it's the same whether i use the drivers controls or the front passenger control. both rears work fine.
strange, happened to anyone else?
If you kept trying to put them down while they were frozen shut you may have de-programmed the bounce back feature which also controls the functional limits of the window's travel that allows the one-touch power up/down to function. See your owner's guide or the following proceedure:
Resetting the Bounce-Back Feature
WARNING: The bounce-back function remains deactivated until
you have reset the memory.
You must reset the bounce-back memory separately for each window
after the battery has been disconnected.
1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
2. Release the switch.
3. Lift the switch again for one more second.
4. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.
5. Release the switch
6. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
7. Open the window and then try to close it automatically.
8. Reset and repeat the procedure if the window does not close
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus