Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Interesting offer from Ford Credit - Deferred Payment

13K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MelloYelloTi 
#1 ·
In today's mail I received an offer from Ford Credit to defer my Dec. car payment one month.

Anyone else receive this offer recently or in the past?

#2 ·
most any time a credit line is defered, it still acrues interest. if youre not worried about how long you pay on it and would like to defer it, at least pay what the interest is that month to avoid paying more in the long run.

#3 ·
Not from Ford but my credit union offers me this evey year when I have any type of loan with them. A lot of places offer it in December as a "service" to allow folks to have more money for X-mas shopping (and like 2wheeladict said, it will still accrue interest).

#4 ·
My brother did this once through ford credit. Not only do you still pay interest, but he had to pay it on the last month. So his last payment had that one tacked on making it double what a normal payment would be.

#7 ·
Well, regardless of who is offering it, no credit company is out there to do things for our benefit, only their own. Just like when those furniture (or whatever) places offer no-interest financing for 48 months or how ever long. They gloss over the part that in the fine print is the fact that if you don't pay it off in that amount of time they slam on compounded interest for the entire purchase price that started accruing from the day the purchase was made.

#8 ·
my credit union did it for me one year... the interest payment wasn't really of concern for me; and i'm yet to keep a car for an entire loan term so that final payment wasn't felt.

not having a car payment that particular month that particular year was very helpful. given the opertunity this month i wouldn't take it i'm in a different place financially now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.