Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Headliner stains, Dealer seems to be making worse

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SaToX 
#1 ·
Well What started out as a several small stains in the headliner has turned into a mess. I have been after the for two months to fix this, first being a water stain surrounding the original one, and now their brilliant idea was to call in a company that repairs interiors by dying them. I told them flat out if it is going to make it look worse, or put overspray all over my car don't do it. Well they did it and its not even close.

#4 ·
Contact Ford Customer Service

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79824
What genius came up with that idea?
You can use this link and send a private message to Ford Customer Service, give them your vin and contact info.
They need to pull the headliner, clean up the adhesive and probably replace it. Luckily you have a hatch so they can get it out without too much trouble.
That headliner is expensive, with it out of the car they may be able to re-dye it so it looks acceptable and it will last.
But if they do not clean up the mess behind it will just keep bleeding through and staining.

#5 ·
Well What started out as a several small stains in the headliner has turned into a mess. I have been after the for two months to fix this, first being a water stain surrounding the original one, and now their brilliant idea was to call in a company that repairs interiors by dying them. I told them flat out if it is going to make it look worse, or put overspray all over my car don't do it...
As jdetzel states below, I'm happy to step in here and get my contacts from Ford Canada involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get your information in the right hands and ensure someone contacts you soon.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79824
What genius came up with that idea?
You can use this link and send a private message to Ford Customer Service, give them your vin and contact info.
They need to pull the headliner, clean up the adhesive and probably replace it. Luckily you have a hatch so they can get it out without too much trouble.
That headliner is expensive, with it out of the car they may be able to re-dye it so it looks acceptable and it will last.
But if they do not clean up the mess behind it will just keep bleeding through and staining.
Thanks for pointing SaToX in my direction, jdetzel.

Have a great day, everyone!
Crystal

#6 ·
Latest Update, Im about to F^%**G BLOW! Never in my life have I been constantly served with such incompetence. I've been to the damn dealership so many times I should be on the payroll.

Here is my latest trip to the dealer in which made me late for work again.

This is the last straw FORD, one more chance. If you can't fix something as simple as a headliner right the next time, I'm done.

#7 ·
I had a very similar experience the first time I had my headliner replaced for stains as well. Dome light wouldn't turn off. The overhead console didn't even have a sunroof switch. The ambient light and dome light switch weren't working right and it was all sorts of haywire. They eventually got it on the third try. Good luck!

#8 ·
Well, went to the dealership this morning and as soon as I walked in the assistant manager of the service department quickly picked up the phone and shuffled away leaving me with yet another new service rep. So I did take it easy on him, as Im sure they dont have the best job in the world.

But they did put me in a rental this morning and said they would rectify everything on my list. Tomorrow is a new day and we will see [rolleyes]. At least they wont get the keys to the rental back until they have reasonable satisfied me. Sad when you feel you need leverage to get them to do their job right.[facepalm]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.